Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

Currently I stay with Clover, Im too lazy to switch to OpenCore ATM :) But sooner or later we all have to move to OpenCore... If you are satisfied just use your machine and be happy :) But if you are a configuration addict... go ahead hehe But first before doing anything I advise you to make an Acronis Backup of your current running system, or just use dd under linux and keep the backup image in a safe place in case you misconfigure the new bootloader and cannot boot up your current system or more worse you have to install again from scratch :)

Currently I stay with Clover, Im too lazy to switch to OpenCore ATM :) But sooner or later we all have to move to OpenCore... If you are satisfied just use your machine and be happy :) But if you are a configuration addict... go ahead hehe But first before doing anything I advise you to make an Acronis Backup of your current running system, or just use dd under linux and keep the backup image in a safe place in case you misconfigure the new bootloader and cannot boot up your current system or more worse you have to install again from scratch :)
Yeah, It’s appealing that it looks rather clean in comparison to clover but also a stretch. I’ve read the desktop guide which is helpful, but the s200 has a lot in common with a laptop. EC is different than desktop, so need renaming instead of an SSDT. I could boot the installer, but screen got blank. I think something with IGPU and the framebuffer. Too advanced for now, Will try when I have more time to fiddle around.

For installing the easiest is using the mDP port, HDMI Berda patching őr you hét black screen.

For installing the easiest is using the mDP port, HDMI Berda patching őr you hét black screen.
Alright, don’t have the right adapter for that. So I’ll leave it like it is with clover:)

Hi people, looking to get one of these, probably with the core i5-8300H to fit my wallet and because I already have a laptop with an i7-8750H and is more than what I really need for my coding tasks. I guess the procedure should be the same, isn't it? The Vorke V8 package and Gitbud repositories like this -> https://github.com/suxiaogang/Eglobal-S200-Nuc-i5-8300H-hackintosh should work?

ps:would love to see an Opencore guide or maybe I will try myself, although I really don't much time at the moment for this.

Yes, procedure is the same. If you read back in this thread you will someone else with the 8300h running Mojave’s or maybe already Catalina.

Yes, procedure is the same. If you read back in this thread you will someone else with the 8300h running Mojave’s or maybe already Catalina.
Cool! As soon as I can pull the trigger I will try :)

BTW people ... does anyone have searched for a fan replacement compatible with this little boy?

I didn’t, I also think it is not necessary as it is a quiet and cool machine, especially the 8300h will be cooler than the i7’s. You can also reduce heat with undervolting the cpu.

Back