Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    358 KB · Views: 768
Hi,

Does anyone know if the following miniPC will work with Mojave hackintosh.

Thanks
Luca
I've got successfully installed Mojave 10.14.4 on i7 8750h, but uhd 630 acceleration is not working. Also, have not have time to fix the audio, but I can live without audio on this machine.

i have one 100% fully working with mac os mojave, replace the wifi card for one BCM 943... ngff, 1tb nvme evo 970pro, 32gb of ram ddr4 2666, i9 8950HK at 5.2ghz all cores and p-states from 1.2ghz up to 5.2ghz, the only part complicated is mapping for HDMI and DisplayPort connectors

i have one 100% fully working with mac os mojave, replace the wifi card for one BCM 943... ngff, 1tb nvme evo 970pro, 32gb of ram ddr4 2666, i9 8950HK at 5.2ghz all cores and p-states from 1.2ghz up to 5.2ghz, the only part complicated is mapping for HDMI and DisplayPort connectors
Can you please share config.plist? I've almost frustrated with not being able to use accelerated graphics and thinking to install linux. I'm not stupid but can't get this thing right. ;)

Update (In case anyone interested):

I've got accelerated graphics working with another monitor which has VGA and DVI-D connections. I've used DP-DSUB adapter and connected to the VGA port of monitor.
In Clover configuration used framebuffer patch for Coffe Lake and bingo, now I have graphics accelerated Mojave machine.

Update (In case anyone interested):

I've got accelerated graphics working with another monitor which has VGA and DVI-D connections. I've used DP-DSUB adapter and connected to the VGA port of monitor.
In Clover configuration used framebuffer patch for Coffe Lake and bingo, now I have graphics accelerated Mojave machine.

Hi!

Did @luisdanielv get back to you? I've been trying for over a month to get things working on mine. Boot to Clover properly, but once the boot animation with the Apple logo loads to the end the screen either goes blank or to a white "do not pass" sign over black background. @luisdanielv also mentioned that the challenging part was that of mapping for HDMI and Display ports. Any suggestions?

How is your machine working now? Would you be willing to share your config.plist? Thank you!

Hi!

I've got your exact same configuration but with the i7 chipset. I haven't succeeded to get past the Apple boot animation (I've been trying for over 3 weeks). My guess was (and your comment seems to confirm) that the machine and the USB installer are working fine, but that the display is not showing anything because the display ports aren't correctly mapped. Could you offer some advise on this matter, or share your config.plist, as also @shumbola requested? It would really help with troubleshooting. Thank you!

Hi!

Did @luisdanielv get back to you? I've been trying for over a month to get things working on mine. Boot to Clover properly, but once the boot animation with the Apple logo loads to the end the screen either goes blank or to a white "do not pass" sign over black background. @luisdanielv also mentioned that the challenging part was that of mapping for HDMI and Display ports. Any suggestions?

How is your machine working now? Would you be willing to share your config.plist? Thank you!
Hi,

I've got almost everything working with one exception, later about it. Graphics acceleration, audio, updates,... - usual things all works.

One thing I couldn't get right is the second FullHD Monitor connected to mDP through mDP->VGA adapter. First monitor connected to HDMI works, with native 1680x1050 resolution.
I'll share my config.plist later when I get home.

I've installed mine over HDMI without graphics acceleration first, using Mojave 10.14.4 and later upgraded as soon as AppStore told the update is available.

Then got Audio working, without the Mic...Later experimented with the layouts and found the Layout 14 is the right one, at least both headphone and mike is working now.

After got the graphics acceleration working on mDP->VGA connection, with further tweaking HDMI including audio over HDMI.

Installed Ubuntu 19.04 next to Macos, on the same 1TB nvme drive for my pet AI projects.

Notice, BIOS settings influences how Clover boots, right now I switched off SATA support completely. But lately find out not SATA but SMC support is the crucial to Clover. May change settings in case I'll put some SATA drive if needed.

@jwall21, Here you go...

I've listed my extensions also

Attachments

• myconfig.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 484
  • extensions.png
    extensions.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 678
Last edited:
Thank you! I'll give it a go as soon as I get the chance. I'll have a look at the mDP issue as well. Hope I can help too!

Back