Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

I'm now also on Catalina 10.15.2, needed to experiment with the clover folder of Shumola (thanks again!) and my own config.plist.

Now running clean on 10.15.2, really stable. Only thing still not covered is USB-C, since I don't have any USB-C device to check the port with (I am using seperate SSDT to avoid using Port limit patch, but USB-C is now not usable only for power). Using USB-Injectall + ssdt-uiac wich I added to this post (using this is at own risk as your ports might have different mapping). Config.plist also added (without serials). And I installed all kext in L/E except for FakeSMC which is in EFI/Clover/Kext/Other. List of my installed kext as well attached. I use a BCM94352Z Wifi+Bluetooth card so that's where all the Airportfixup and BCRM kexts come from.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Schermafbeelding 2020-01-17 om 15.24.45.png
    Schermafbeelding 2020-01-17 om 15.24.45.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Schermafbeelding 2020-01-17 om 15.30.02.png
    Schermafbeelding 2020-01-17 om 15.30.02.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 116
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    465 bytes · Views: 99
I couldn’t use Amateur85 config.plist. Biggest problem is too many patches checked and some of them did not like my machine. Removed most of them and it works and starts up ok.
as someone else wrote, 2 screens doesn’t initialize the 2nd on boot up. Unplug/rep lug works.
being able to pick between config.plists with different names in clover was great.
i have the 8850H as well, SYWZ firmware. So version 0.8.
For some reason I do not get detailed I go per process right now in activity viewer. Maybe need to update my fakeSMC modules. Do not have the sub modules in clover on /L/E

Download this clover config For eglobal s200

I couldn’t use Amateur85 config.plist. Biggest problem is too many patches checked and some of them did not like my machine. Removed most of them and it works and starts up ok.
as someone else wrote, 2 screens doesn’t initialize the 2nd on boot up. Unplug/rep lug works.
being able to pick between config.plists with different names in clover was great.
i have the 8850H as well, SYWZ firmware. So version 0.8.
For some reason I do not get detailed I go per process right now in activity viewer. Maybe need to update my fakeSMC modules. Do not have the sub modules in clover on /L/E
Which patches did you delete? The config.plist is an adjusted copy of Shumola’s s200. I am only using HDMI and one monitor, so cannot say anything about my DP.

Vorke V8 Hackintosh Paket - i using this package, worked hdmi and DP.
USB type C for video not working - but can used for USB flash drive

Thanks Demonus, I used the same layout als the Vorke V8 machine (layout 28) and now my mic is working. I checked the layout before, but apperently the mic jack is rather sensitive on my s200. Now working like a charm.

I also moved over to Catalina 10.15.2 with clean install on new M2 NVME SSD (Silicon Power 512GB A80 M.2 NVMe 1.3 SP512GBP34A80M28). The install went flawlessly from a USB2 16GB SanDisk Pendrive.

Attachments

• thexsenator-catalina.jpg
    thexsenator-catalina.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Anyone using opencore as bootloader or has any experience with it? I was triggered by this new type of bootloader by a new post on the snazzy labs YouTube channel. Wondering whether it is worth the push to migrate from clover. My s200 is running great, undervolted the cpu a bit (-35mv) which really increased singel core performance and keeps it cooler. +/- 1150 single core and 5200 multicore scores now in GB5. Used voltageshift for the undervolting of the cpu, for anyone who is interested.

Back