Contribute
Register

eelhead's G5 Mod [REDUX] New pics and sorted first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you can cut the upper tray, its exactly what I did. I used the the G5 PSU case though but with a mod you can do what suites you best.
It should be fairly easy to attach the PSU to the bottom of the top self under the DVD drive.
So many options it's awesome :D

Well, I ordered the Mountain Mods Modular tray last night... (2X80 fans) for my G5 case, so that should be here in a few days.

Being as I don't have a MOBO or PSU to mock it up with, I need to look at all the options here before I go any further. As it stands, I'm thinking that I'll go with a full-size ATX board versus the mATX simply for upgradeability in the future.

Right now, I'm dead set on removing the lower partition/tray thingy that covers the stock Apple PSU, just to get some more internal space

Off to sort some details....
Good stuff guys!

Eelhead, why you selling? New mod? Mac Pro maybe?

I will be doing a Mac Pro liquid cooled with some sort of Hot swap HDD set up.
It will be a bit as I want a really good case and they aren't cheap lol

I'll keep posted.

This is my G5 mod

IMG_7416.jpg

very simple

eelhead said:
I will be doing a Mac Pro liquid cooled with some sort of Hot swap HDD set up.
It will be a bit as I want a really good case and they aren't cheap lol

I'll keep posted.
Fair play. Luckily I can pick up a MP case, 4 sleds, front panel board, hdd cables and rear fan for 125GBP. Hopefully doing mine early october/november when I go back to university, but just a simple cutout for the mobo ports, with an insert for the port cover. Much like aquamac's earliest MP mod. And want to wire up the standard drive cable too. Nothing as complicated as liquid cooling, good luck with that, but based on this mod, youll not struggle!

I still come to this thread to keep giving me inspiration to continue my own G5 mod. Great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back