Register

Easy Yosemite Clover USB Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation smoothly with clover :thumbup:

:headbang::headbang:

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Hello everyone![/FONT]
I have 2 problems:
- The installation doesn't recognize my hard drive. Do I need to inject a kext? (My motherboard has no AHCI mode, only ATA and RAID mode).
- The installation only boot with Nvidia Injector enabled, but the installation interface is really slow and the processor fan makes a lot of noise so I think the injector isn't optimized. Where can I find a better kext for my Nvidia GTS 240 GPU?

Can anyone help?
Thank you !

I have a strange problem. I followed al the steps, i formatted the USB drive, did the terminal process to copy the install files and then installed Clover to the USB, but when i restart and choose the USB as boot device it shows me Chimera boot loader, how is that possible?

Bye
Nico

i got the same issue...please anyone help us..

I've been using Clover for Mavericks without any problems. Even with some of the early Yosemite Public Betas my Hack just worked fine. However, the official version doesn't. Once the Yosemite installer should come up with the graphic installer screen my monitor just goes into power save mode. I'm sure the OS X installer comes up since the activity led on the USB drive continues to flicker for another 20 seconds or so. Anyone else seeing the same problem?

Nvidia GTX 760 btw. and it happens right after the DMOS has arrived message when it switches from text to graphics mode.

I get the same problem. I've tried with spacebar "with injection", "without", everything on the option menu. I never had this problem installing Mavericks and been using Clover for quite awhile. I'm stumped but will continue to research this issue.

I cross-referenced with Tony's Mavericks Clover guide to fill myself in a bit, but I have a problem.

After the second time booting into the installer, when I restart and try to boot from my SSD that has been installd on, it doesn't detect boot media and skips down the line back to my USB key, showing only the option of the installer, and not the fresh Yosemite installation that is on the SSD. Is this something wrong with my initial settings when creating the Clover USB key? I chose legacy defaults for my Gigabyte Z87N-Wifi, as instructed, and used the "HD 4600 fix" config.plist in Tony's guide. What's up, you think?

I cross-referenced with Tony's Mavericks Clover guide to fill myself in a bit, but I have a problem.

After the second time booting into the installer, when I restart and try to boot from my SSD that has been installd on, it doesn't detect boot media and skips down the line back to my USB key,..

After the second time booting, you need to boot back into your Clover Flash drive and select Install OS X Yosemite

this will complete the second part of the install process so that you end up with both Yosemite & Recovery HD

After the second time booting, you need to boot back into your Clover Flash drive and select Install OS X Yosemite

this will complete the second part of the install process so that you end up with both Yosemite & Recovery HD
So I boot into the installer 3 times? That seems to not follow the guides, but I'll try it. My actions so far:

Boot into installer on USB. Format SSD. Install yosemite, followed by restart. Choose USB installer again, install second time (efi partition I am told), restart again, only USB installer present. Not fitting with the guides.

There is a typo in OP's script. Use this one instead:

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume  /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\  Yosemite.app --nointeraction

Make sure you formatted your USB key with a single HFS+ partition named "Install" and a GUID partition table.
Extra white space between \ and Yosemite.app. This script won't work unless it's '\ Yosemite.app'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back