Contribute
Register

Easy Yosemite Clover USB Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clover version r2957 is not official release where did you find it?

Edit: I don't have 'with inject kext' on my boot option either.

Yeah, I also have no 'with injected kext' option in clover, and when I hit 'enter' on the option to install OS X, it just does nothing at all until I hit enter again and my cursor reappears. Someone described having the same issues before and then posted that he'd resolved them, but did not clarify how he did it. :thumbdown:

Yeah, I also have no 'with injected kext' option in clover, and when I hit 'enter' on the option to install OS X, it just does nothing at all until I hit enter again and my cursor reappears. Someone described having the same issues before and then posted that he'd resolved them, but did not clarify how he did it. :thumbdown:

Same problem I have. I hit 'enter' and apple logo comes with loading bar but when finished loading bar grey screen coming and my cursor spinning left upper side. I almost wait 30 minutes and install screen never comes...

What is our problem I really don't get it!!!!

I can't even get to the apple logo. I can't get out of clover.

I can't even get to the apple logo. I can't get out of clover.

I'm not certain, but if you're using the newest clover, or the one that OP linked to in a later post, I believe kexts are injected by defaul, hence there only being the 'without kexts' option to choose. If you need to, go into the boot options menu in clover and add needed flags, like -x if the default -v and dart=0 aren't working for you. I was eventually able to reach the installer without flags, but you may need some more.

Also, if anybody else runs into the same problem as me, where there install to an SSD isn't creating a bootable/recognized Yosemite install, please let me know, so I'm not stuck as the only person with this problem.

I want to share what am I doing and you tell me where am I doing wrong,

1. Format to USB with GUID Partition Table + Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and name it 'Install'
2. Open Terminal and using code on the first page and successfully Done as picture down below

Code:
Last login: Sun Oct 19 23:07:23 on console
Murats-Mac:~ MuratOzgul$ sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume  /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction
Password:
Erasing Disk: 0%...  10%...  20%...  30%...  100%...
Copying installer files to disk...
Copy complete.
Makind disk bootable...
Copying boot files...
Copy complete.
Done.
Murats-Mac:~ MuratOzgul$

3. Opening Clover_v2k_r2953.pkg Continue, Continue, Changed Installation Location with my USB Continue again and Click Customise
4. Choosing this setting on Clover.pkg:

Dxw94yB.png

SUn2pvi.png

5. Creating 10.10 folder in kext folder and adding my kext:

AppleIntelE1000e.kext
FakeSMC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

6. Deleting VBoxHfs-64.efi in the drivers64UEFI and adding HFSPlus.efi

Thats it! After that I restart machine and pressing hot ket which is my F12 boot options coming and choosing my installation USB and Install OS X Yosemite Drive coming I hit "enter" and for a while black screen with a white apple logo and white thin loading bar coming. Im waiting, waiting and screen turning black to whitish grey and my mouse cursor spinning with classic apple rainbow circle on the upper left side on the screen.

Installing screen never comes...

Ok tell me now where am I doing wrong?

Ps: I hit to space bar and no 'inject with kext' option

You want to boot verbose to see where the problem is but I suspect you probably need kext-dev-mode=1 to boot as well.

I dont get any verbose error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back