Contribute
Register

Easy Yosemite Clover USB Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying in vain for an entire week with UniBeast and MultiBeast, installing and reinstalling, tweaking any and all UEFI settings inside and outside the recommended settings, for my newly built customac mini deluxe, built to spec from the guide, with just a different case and PSU, trying to resolve the fact that it just straight up won't load HD 4600 kexts, and my graphics memory is capped at 3-7M depending on boot. I've spent yesterday and today trying the Yosemite updates to UB and MB hoping that it would solve whatever the problem is. It didn't. I am just about ready to give up and try out Clover. Thing is, I'm such a noob to this that the learning curve is throwing me off. Anybody got any motivating words to help push me through the clover-door?

Marty I'm also having issues getting my system stable but I did notice that I seem to be making more progress after each mistake so my advice to you that I'm also using for my self is the more you learn what doesnt work is the more you'll get one step closer to a solution that does.... I'm getting stuck at not getting my Yosemite SSD drive to boot independent of the installer so if you have a similar setup like mines I might be able to atleast get you to where I'm at until I can figure out what wall I'm hitting.

Good Luck,
Ruskee

I had used to boot from a USB3 external hard drive with Mavericks through a USB3 port using chimera bootloader.

But now as you mentioned with Clover v2953, I can only boot and start Yosemite through USB2 port. Could you explain what is the reaosn for this. I suppose there is no soluction.

Thank's

Hello,
I have been attempting to install the Yosemite release with the latest version of Clover. I'm attempting on an XPS 12 (9Q33) device with a swapped out bcm94352z card. Here's a screenshot of a kernel panic I'm getting in the AirportBrcm43224 driver. Any thoughts as to what next things to try would be? I've tried using kext-dev-mode=1, -s, and -v and nothing seems to have helped so far.

View attachment 107439

How did you end up getting past this. Im using an e6320 with the same wifi card, and getting the same error.

Dave

Thank you kduvernay , i followed your instructions and successfully installed OS X Yosemite onto my HDD on my Asus Gryphon Z87 , however my problem is that I am can't get clover to recognise or boot from ms SSD it will give me the Apple Symbol and then the load bar slowly moves until I get the circle with a cross symbol?

I would be very grateful for your time and knowledge

Thanks again

EDIT: I reformatted my SSD and successfully installed and booted OS X Yosemite using Clover on my ASUS Gryphon Z87 and it is working very well.

Thanks again for all of your information kduvernay

Peace

Hello I trying to install Yosemite in my hack but i have the problem. My USB is a Peny 16Gb using UniBeast. i make the partition and the install go smoothy using USB Legacy Support. when restart and boot from USB, i got the bootloader. when start to run, i got no Apple logo, and, after some time maybe 45 sec to 1 minute, my system auto restarts.

I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes, arch=i386 but i have 64bit CPU, PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x200 and other flag including -v -x -f no resurt

My Spec

Mainboard Asrock G41m-VS3
Memory 4GB Corseal sorry bad English
GPU EVGA Geforce GTX 260
CPU Intel i5 core duo
Don't know if the BIOS is UEFI or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back