Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: HDMI Audio/HD4000/7 Series MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did not enable HD4000 in your BIOS. Set Advanced/System Agent Configuration/1.Graphics Configuration/1a. Primary Display: iGPU. If you want the PEG to be primary, set IGPU to Always Enable. HDMI audio requires Audio ID: 3. Edit dsdt/HDEF/Layout-id to 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.

Regarding GTX 660 ti HDMI audio, IOReg says an HDMI device is not connected. Must connect an HDMI device for HDMI audio,

i use to set Primary Display to auto. because i like to use my gtx as primary, i set it to pci?! but i can not find something to set igpu as always enable, there is :
Primary Display: PCI

iGPU memory: 64 (i have read somewhere you have to set it to 32 or 64)
render standby: enable
iGPU Multi-monitor: disable
are this settings correct and am i to stupid to find i
GPU to Always Enable or does the p8z77-m pro do not have this option?

thx for the
advice with the layout-id i do not use my hdmi sound so i don't notice it was not working but i will change it because i have shared my dsdt.

i like to use the igpu conected to my tv and that if i stared the tv(with hdmi source) i get a second display to watch movies or so, is this possible? i use to use my macbook pro(But only one gnu of course) in the same way.
and that is the reason why the gtx is not connected to hdmi, it is not noticing the tv without restart.:banghead:

are this settings correct and am i to stupid to find i
GPU to Always Enable or does the p8z77-m pro do not have this option?

BIOS settings OK. Plug the TV into the motherboard HDMI port and restart. Reply with new IOReg.

hey here is the new IOReg View attachment Hac.zip
and i find out that the tv is noticed after sleep and the same with disconnecting, but only at the gtx hdmi.
thx for your fast help

edit: if my hac tries to sleep with tv connected to mobo don't sleeps and don't wakes anymore

hey here is the new IOReg View attachment 45553
and i find out that the tv is noticed after sleep and the same with disconnecting, but only at the gtx hdmi.

edit: if my hac tries to sleep with tv connected to mobo don't sleeps and don't wakes anymore
No HD4000 in IOReg. Make the copy of IOReg with the TV connected.

If you are not currently using a dsdt, extract and edit the current dsdt.

Thanks for confirming. Appreciate the guidance!
--B

No HD4000 in IOReg. Make the copy of IOReg with the TV connected.

sorry if i wasted your time or if we misunderstand. it was connected to tv but i can not use the hd4000 never. so i had no picture on tv only on the dvi display , therefor the igpu is not in the IOReg i think.

TV attached
For the HDMI audio dsdt edits, use the hdmi_audio_laptop_03_hd4000_editing_kit attached with the steps in Post #1.

For the Capri edits, see hdmi_audio_laptop_03_hd4000_capri_edits included in the download.

Attachments

• hdmi_audio_laptop_03_hd4000_editing_kit.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 164
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back