Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: HDMI Audio/HD4000/7 Series MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it down to these errors:
Looks like the dsdt was patched more than once. Start over with the native dsdt and use DSDT Editor/Fix Errors to fix the Min/Max/Gran are all zero..... messages before patching for HDMI audio edits. If the native dsdt does not compile, attach.

Once the native dsdt compiles, apply the HDMI audio edits. If there are errors from the edits, attach the native dsdt and the edited dsdt.dsl with the errors.

Currently running a Z77-UD5H with a dsdt extracted from windows and edited with the hdmi edits . I have a 4870 and I am also using the Hd4000. Though Hdmi audio works I am trying to get encoded Hdmi audio to my receiver and it is not working ... I only get stereo when using xbmc..plex..etc. So enclosed is my ioreg and my dsdt.dsl/aml . I love this board but if I can not get this to work I am going to have to downgrade back to my old setup. Any and all help will be appreciated!

Attachments

• CaptainDunsel.zip
    713.6 KB · Views: 90
Currently running a Z77-UD5H with a dsdt extracted from windows and edited with the hdmi edits . I have a 4870 and I am also using the Hd4000. Though Hdmi audio works I am trying to get encoded Hdmi audio to my receiver and it is not working ... I only get stereo when using xbmc..plex..etc.
IOReg says your SAMSUNG supports 2 channel audio.

thank you so much ....so all i well with my dsdt and with a new receiver I can have 5.1 on xbmc and eyetv?

hey toleda
thx for your great patches.

i can not use and see my hd4000 and i dont see it in System Information/Graphics.
i have patched two DSDT (one for bios v.1705 and one for v.1804)and i never get it working.
everything else works fine. do you have any idea what im doing wrong did i have to make any
special bios settings?

View attachment IOReg.ioreg.zip
View attachment DSDTallpatch1805.aml.zip

hey toleda
thx for your great patches.

i can not use and see my hd4000 and i dont see it in System Information/Graphics.
i have patched two DSDT (one for bios v.1705 and one for v.1804)and i never get it working.
everything else works fine. do you have any idea what im doing wrong did i have to make any
special bios settings?
You did not enable HD4000 in your BIOS. Set Advanced/System Agent Configuration/1.Graphics Configuration/1a. Primary Display: iGPU. If you want the PEG to be primary, set IGPU to Always Enable. HDMI audio requires Audio ID: 3. Edit dsdt/HDEF/Layout-id to 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.

Regarding GTX 660 ti HDMI audio, IOReg says an HDMI device is not connected. Must connect an HDMI device for HDMI audio,

You can use MultiBeast for the MEI patch, remember to perform after each Software Update. Otherwise, patch the dsdt with the HDMI audio edit kit (see Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT, Attachments/Special Configurations/2b. HD3000 graphics on 7 Series).

Just to clarify - I'll need to reflash the UEFI on my motherboard, then do a fresh install of ML so I can get to the point where I can extract a "clean" version of the board's DSDT? Or can I just extract DSDT from the currently running build and patch that?

THANKS!
--B

Just to clarify - I'll need to reflash the UEFI on my motherboard, then do a fresh install of ML so I can get to the point where I can extract a "clean" version of the board's DSDT? Or can I just extract DSDT from the currently running build and patch that?
If you are not currently using a dsdt, extract and edit the current dsdt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back