Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: HDMI Audio/HD4000/7 Series MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi toleda,

I have read the guide but i'm not sure. I have a GA-B75N mainboard with a i3 3225 HD4000 graphics. I can see that my board does not have a DSDT in the database. I have read that I need a DSDT to get the HDMI audio to work.

Under the Requirements I have :

1. Intel
1a. Ivy Bridge 7 Series motherboards - Z77, H77, B75

No problem

2. OS X
2a. Mountain Lion - 10.8 and newer

No problem

3. dsdt - no compile errors
3a. No dsdt, see [GUIDE] Creating your own DSDT for most boards

Not sure from this point on!! Sorry I know it sound very lame!

Any help here would be nice... So far I have not install anything, just getting all the info before I start.

Thanks,

Ross

3. dsdt - no compile errors3a. No dsdt, see [GUIDE] Creating your own DSDT for most boardsNot sure from this point on!! Sorry I know it sound very lame!
This is lame. Click on [GUIDE] Creating your own DSDT for most boards in Post #1.

sorry if i wasted your time or if we misunderstand. it was connected to tv but i can not use the hd4000 never. so i had no picture on tv only on the dvi display , therefor the igpu is not in the IOReg i think.
hey
i am still working i on it an now i can use the hd4000 but only if primary display is set to igpu but then i can not see the bootoptions if tv is turnd off. if i set it to auto the tv picture is only lines.
can you please have a lock oh the ioreg (with D.P. set to auto)
View attachment hsc.zip
thx

For the HDMI audio dsdt edits, use the hdmi_audio_laptop_03_hd4000_editing_kit attached with the steps in Post #1.

For the Capri edits, see hdmi_audio_laptop_03_hd4000_capri_edits included in the download.

Again, thank you for your help with another successful system :thumbup:
View attachment HDMI_Registry.ioreg.zip, attached by default!

hey
i am still working i on it an now i can use the hd4000 but only if primary display is set to igpu but then i can not see the bootoptions if tv is turnd off. if i set it to auto the tv picture is only lines.
can you please have a lock oh the ioreg (with D.P. set to auto)
For both HD4000 and Nvidia graphics,, see Mountain Lion: HD3000/HD4000 with AMD or Nvidia, Working Together. IOReg shows both graphics system active. Why did you change dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 1, edit layout-id to 3. If you don't have the option to always enable integrated graphics in the BIOS, something has to be connected to the motherboard for HD4000 to start at boot and to see the boot screen.

Thanks for the terrific guide. I now have sound from my monitor, as well as from the green rear output jack. I am not sure what I needed the ioreg for, since I do not believe I used it for anything, and everything "seems" to be working. Did I just get lucky? I followed your instructions and did not see anywhere I was supposed to use the file I created with ioreg. Again, thanks.
Also, is there any way to have sound from the HDMI source and green jack at the same time? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back