Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: HDMI Audio/HD4000/7 Series MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear Toleda,
please help .. I have two problems: 1.- the DSDT editor in windows 8 does not want to run. What do I do ?.
2.- My motherboard is not listed in the patch list. My laptop is Lenovo Y580 - Intel Core i7 3610QM
1. Install OS X and extract. 2. No Ivy Bridge motherboard is on any patch list.

What kind of problems do you anticipate me having following this process using:

ASRock H77M-ITX
i5 2500k
ML 10.8.2

Would like to get HD3000/HDMI audio to work -- HDMI video working great -fresh install, then MultiBeast 5.2.1 using non-DSDT method (UEFI/BIOS). This is my Cube 2.0 build...

TIA!!

No problems. Need to patch MEI for HD3000 on a 7 series board and, perhaps, a framebuffer edit. Attach an IOReg with HDMI video to be sure. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg

Is the MEI patch the new MultiBeast option for "mixed" systems like mine? If so, I did select that option in MB:
ML%2520MBeast2.png

As requested, here is the IOReg file (created following your instructions using the SL app you attached - thanks!)

BTW, I'm guessing I can no longer have a DSDT-free build to get this working?

Attachments

• BoomRCube20ML.zip
    362.8 KB · Views: 106
Thanks for your answer.
However ... I am lost. In the guide of how to create your own DSDT one of the instruction call for:
3. Find your motherboard's specific patch on http://olarila.com/forum/packs.php For the purpose of this guide I will be using an Asus P7P55D board. Right click on your motherboard model, and save the patch to the desktop.

Sorry if I am missing something ..

Once again thanks.

:)

Thanks for your answer.
However ... I am lost. In the guide of how to create your own DSDT one of the instruction call for:
3. Find your motherboard's specific patch on http://olarila.com/forum/packs.php For the purpose of this guide I will be using an Asus P7P55D board. Right click on your motherboard model, and save the patch to the desktop.

In a nutshell, the process requires you to 1) extract the "vanilla" DSDT from your motherboard, 2) locate the collection of "patches" for things like audio, sleep/wake, IntelCPUPowerManagement, etc. that have already been created & posted on the olarila.com site (these "patch" files exist for a couple hundred different mobo models - find the one for your mobo...right-click the link for the patch & download to your desktop), then 3) apply those "patches" (fixes) to your "vanilla" DSDT via the DSDTEditor app so that this new modded DSDT can work with OS X/MultiBeast.

Thanks a lot.

Is the MEI patch the new MultiBeast option for "mixed" systems like mine? If so, I did select that option in MB:

BTW, I'm guessing I can no longer have a DSDT-free build to get this working?
You can use MultiBeast for the MEI patch, remember to perform after each Software Update. Otherwise, patch the dsdt with the HDMI audio edit kit (see Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT, Attachments/Special Configurations/2b. HD3000 graphics on 7 Series).

The motherboard HDMI connector sits on Port 0x7 of the framebuffer, the native configuration. No edits required.

To your original question, no problem in the technical sense. Success is up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back