Contribute
Register

DualBoot- Sierra on Preexisting Windows 10 w/o a Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lnx2Mac kext is still present and failing to load. Delete the Lnx2Mac kext, then install the one from the realtek site I linked in post #12.
Along with that, I checked in S/L/E and RealtekRTL81xx.kext is nowhere to be found. Why is it still on my system?

Along with that, I checked in S/L/E and RealtekRTL81xx.kext is nowhere to be found. Why is it still on my system?
You are still booting with iBoot Haswell and that is the Realtek kext in iBoot Haswell.
If neither of the kexts for 8111G/8169 are working, boot Windows and check the device manager - what does it say about your internet NIC?

You are still booting with iBoot Haswell and that is the Realtek kext in iBoot Haswell.
If neither of the kexts for 8111G/8169 are working, boot Windows and check the device manager - what does it say about your internet NIC?
My NIC seems to be all good on Device Manager. I see that I have a VM Ethernet Adapter. Could that interfere with my Realtek NIC on Mac?

My NIC seems to be all good on Device Manager. I see that I have a VM Ethernet Adapter. Could that interfere with my Realtek NIC on Mac?
No idea. I have no idea why you would need a VM adapter if you are not installing in a VM.

No idea. I have no idea why you would need a VM adapter if you are not installing in a VM.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I have my regular Realtek NIC, but I also had a Virtual Box adapter installed. I gave it a good uninstall. I'll give Snow Leopard another shot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back