Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
  2. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,
A friend of mine works in a recording studio and has always used Windows.
Some time ago he had a chance to try macOS decided to switch.
He asked me if I could try to make a Hackintosh of off his current PC build, I am a Mac user and software developer but I never built an Hackintosh before...I thought it would be nice to learn something so I took his PC and installed macOS on it.
The hardware is actually compatible (i9-9900K, Aorus 390 Pro, Sapphire RX580) and macOS Monterey runs fine!
I also got Thunderbolt to work with a TitanRidge V2 card.
The only problem is that he uses an Antelope Audio Orion and its driver is kind of strange, it doesn't access he Orion directly via Thunderbolt but rather uses an internal server kind of thing, If I connect my MOTU 8M Thunderbolt macOS sees the card while the Orion can't be used.
The issue tracks down to mapping the DMAR table.
I installed Clover on a USB drive and extracted all the ACPI, put DMAR.asl in a working directory of macOS and deleted the memory code regions with MaciASL.
The issue is with compiling...when I hit the button the app just takes 100% of CPU and freezes, even after hour it doesn't compile.
I also tried with a command line tool both on my real Mac Pro 6,1 and on a Lenovo Thinkpad with the Intel ACPI compiler tool.
Still no luck, all the systems seem to freeze when I try to compile my DMAR.
Can someone here help me? That would be the last thing to make the Hackintosh running good!

If DMAR.asl isn't a typo in this post (should be DMAR.aml), you might want to change the .asl file definition to .aml and see if that works when compiling the table.

@geletech,

If you're still experiencing an issue compiling the modified DMAR table, simply post the file here in either of the two formats:
  • .aml = ACPI Machine Language (this is the compiled form)
  • .dsl = Disassembled format

Back