Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

For what it's worth, I also have a GA-Z9X-UD5H build with the i7 processor (GTX760 Graphics card), and I couldn't get past the spinning beach ball until I deleted all folders in EFI/clover/kexts except EFI/clover/kexts/other and put FAKESMC into the 'other' folder.

However, once I managed to install El Capitan, I had a whole headache of multiple troubles, including inability to get audio working, random app crashes, and overall instability. I gave up and went back to my fully functional Yosemite system.

Thankfully, I had everything backed up, so it wasn't a huge pain, but I still wish I knew exactly what I'd done wrong. I suspect I had a few incompatible kexts hanging out in S/L/E but I haven't had time to troubleshoot.
I really appreciate your time and effort which you take to share your experience with us. hopefully you will find a solution to overcome this issue.

This morning I dove back in and took another shot at El Capitan, this time with much more success.

I removed Codec Commander and an old FAKESMC kext and an ALXethernet kext from S/L/E, and I put the newly downloaded FAKESMC and AppleIntelE1000e kexts in the 'other' folder of clover kexts, eliminating all 10.6 through 10.11 clover kext folders. Then I followed the guide here and everything loaded up fine. Make sure you download the latest kexts.

I had no sound, so I used Toleda's audio-clover ALC110 commands (thank you Toleda) and said 'no' to HD4000 HDMI audio, yes to everything else. Now I have sound. Not sure what will happen after sleep, but so far all is perfect.

I also removed auto startup of Airfoil, Spotify and HW Monitor just in case. Don't know if that was necessary or not, but I'm not getting the random freezes I was getting last time I went through this.

iMessage is working (had to log out and log in a couple of times), and I seem to be doing pretty well in general. Not deleting my Yosemite back up yet, but I've got my fingers crossed!

I really appreciate your time and effort which you take to share your experience with us. hopefully you will find a solution to overcome this issue.

Hi Toleda--

I certainly believe you that it is unnecessary, but will it do any damage for those folders not to be there?

Is there any reason for me not to simply put the (empty) folders back in EFI/clover/kexts? I'm using Clover_v2.3k_r3280 which is, I believe, the current release.

TIA

Unnecessary, does not solve any problem.

Hi

I just direct updated to El Capitan and now I have sound issue.
Internet browser and some application like itunes, MPlayerX, don't have sound.
Logic Pro X, Studio One 3 have sound.
I can't find the problem, any help please?

Thanks

Hi

I just direct updated to El Capitan and now I have sound issue.
Internet browser and some application like itunes, MPlayerX, don't have sound.
Logic Pro X, Studio One 3 have sound.
I can't find the problem, any help please?

Thanks

Check your default audio output device (Logic Pro and Studio have their own preferences for output that's why they are working).

Check your default audio output device (Logic Pro and Studio have their own preferences for output that's why they are working).
I use M-Audio Pro Fire 610, not using internal sound. Default sound is M-Audio for all.
I couldn't find my problem I just clean install OS X 10.11 and now sound is OK.

Sorry for my English,

I use google translator Can someone tell me the .plist settings for z87x d3h i7 16Gb Ram.
I followed the guide exactly and gives me error. not start the installation.
i have Clover upgraded to the latest version, Yosemite 10.10.1

Can anybody help me? Thank you!!!!!!!

Back