Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

Sorry for my English,

I use google translator Can someone tell me the .plist settings for z87x d3h i7 16Gb Ram.
I followed the guide exactly and gives me error. not start the installation.
i have Clover upgraded to the latest version, Yosemite 10.10.1

Can anybody help me? Thank you!!!!!!!
Because there are many variety reason that cause it is not to boot, so the best way to get help is by booting it up with verbose (-V) then take a screen shot then post it here.

I just used this method to upgrade and everything mostly works, just having some USB problems which I see are pretty common. Looks like no USB 3 and some Ports just don't work at all.

Toleda, I see we have the same mobo - Maximus VII Impact - did you have to troubleshoot USB issues following this upgrade method (I plan on following this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...itan-usb-issues-possible-fix.html#post1108081 ), or is there something simpler I can do like changing my system definition to get this working without that effort? Do you mind sharing your system definition in any event? I use 14,2

I updated my OS X 10.10 to El Capitan from the app store and got ACPI error, then made a unibeast USB installer and boot up with USB and installed OS X 10.11 on my Hackintosh HD as upgrade and got EvOreboot panic. with recovery partition I removed the .kext file and started up my lovely OS X with cpus=1 and -f with clover and finished my installation and everything backed to normal.
Thanks to great tonymacx86 and great clover for their non-stop support.

My Hackintosh config is Mainboard DZ87KLT, CPU i7-4770K, VGA NVIDIA 770 and 16 Gb of RAM.

I had the same problem. Was running 10.10.5 yosemite installed with Unibeast 6.0.1 and clover v3292. Followed the guide and upgraded to El Capitan and could go no further than the login screen. Could not log in using any means. PS2 keyboard or usb keyboard/mouse would not work. Using EVGA x58 sli classified motherboard w/ 12GB ram, Vertex 3 120GB ssd and nVidia GTX 680 card. Did you get yours running?

Do you mind sharing your system definition in any event?
If IOReg/IGPU@2:
imac14,1/IGPU: HD5200 display graphics with Quick Sync (IGPU PM working, full graphics)
imac14,2/IGPU: Nvidia display graphics with HD4600/Quick Sync only/no display (IGPU PM works, impaired)

If IOReg/GFX0@2, no native IGPU PM; SysDef does not matter.

Just went through the steps listed and it didn't quite work as expected. I always boot in verbose mode so didn't get the grey screen, but it started to load then all of a sudden there was a panic and the computer restarted. There was no obvious error from the boot log, but I remember every time I install the os on a Hackintosh, I need to unplug all other hard drives and the graphics card (be sure to turn on onboard graphics first) and have the monitor connected on the motherboard. I then tried it and it installed with out a problem, and so much faster than on my old macbook air.

So I booted up the first time with onboard graphics, entered my password and icloud info and got a pop up from nVidia that there were updated drivers for my card, but I thought let's wait to make sure it works fine with the old drivers. Tried a second boot this time through the graphics card but got a error saying the card was not compatible and it shut off. I then went through the onboard graphics, installed that new driver and then rebooted with great picture through my graphics in beautiful 4k.

Now the sound. Not surprised by this so I used Toleda's audio fix, answered yes to every question, restarted my machine after it was done and the sound is now working great through my DVI-HDMI cable. It wasn't as straight forward as the OP said with my system, but pretty much painless and with no swearing to boot.

Followed the guide and now up and running. I have a little different config. I use a small 8 GB mSata for Clover boot and have my OSX installed on an RAID 0 via software raid. The only difference that I saw verses the instructions is that I did not see an extra boot option on the Clover screen and just selected my old Yosemite drive and El Cap installed without issues.

In order to avoid the monitor shutting off during boot, I disabled nvidia driver during and through the install. After installation was complete, I installed the modified AppleGraphicsControl.kext from the Yosemite patches and re-enabled nvidia drivers. This is the same thing that happens every time a new OSX patch is applied.

This is my second try. My first went the same but I got random reboots so rather than try to troubleshoot, I rolled back to Yosemite. I had the exact same issue on the second try, but I narrowed down the culprit to Safari. I disabled all the yellow flagged plugins and restarted and that seems to be the fix. 2.5 hours straight running and no random reboots. I thought it may be Safari because on my Macbook Pro, Safari would lock up and I would need to restart until I disabled those plugins.

Here is what works and what doesn't for now:

- All my USB ports work in 2.0. I can't get 3.0 speeds.
- Bluetooth works
- iMessage and iCloud work
- In Yosemite, I did not have all the speed step frequencies working. With El Cap, I got them all.
- On Geekbench, I am down about 15% on multi CPU benchmark.
- Finder is running slow and lagging. However, all my files may be getting reindexed.
- Power management still doesn't work but that was expected since there is still on x99 support.

I am staying on El Cap for now. I really don't need USB 3 so will wait to see if there is a simple solution.

10/25 Update - Tried to get USB working and completely blew up the install. Also prior to that, random reboot was not 100% resolved. Still had it happen a couple times, just not as frequently as before. Close but no banana so rolling back for good.

10/25 Update part 2 - I am stupid. Forgot to disable SIP when I was in the middle of changing my Clover config.plist. Also figured out that the random reboots was due to having the wrong ethernet kext. Back to 10.11.1 but unsuccessful in getting USB 3.0 going, but all ports working, just at 2.0 speed. Rather than kill myself, just going to buy and install a $30 USB 3.0 PCI adapter that is Mac compatible and give me another 4 ports.

Can I use this method if I boot with chameleon ?

Can I use this method if I boot with chameleon ?

Hi everybody... Trying to update, after selecting OS X Install on Clover boot ... i'm stuck there :

IMG_1059.JPG

If anyone has an idea :)

Config :
Dell Optiplex 9020 (Haswell i7 4770, HD4600), 16Gb , Yosemite 10.10.5, Clover (latest)
(everything works fine on Yosemite)

Back