Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

Run the installer over the existing install for native kexts

I ended up reinstalling Yosemite then ElCap. On the fresh install, I followed instructions from post 6 but after restarting the system, the sound icon is still greyed out and there is no sound. Anything else I could try ? :(

What kind of USB Audio adapter is everyone getting?

I'm using a Vantec NBA-120U, which is a clone of the Sabrent unit TonyMac discussed a while back. It's natively recognized, only $8 to $10, looks good, and the sound quality is at least as good as the onboard ALC892 I've given up on.

Hi,
Can't make this update work !
I have this bsod and don't know why.
I boot with nv_disable=1, FakeSMC.kext is in 10.10, 10.11 and others, I've tried to remove my dsdt and ssdt from acpi patch, but it doesn't change anything.
Any idea ?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 202
Basically take your pick - most USB Dacs run well under OS X with no need for drivers - just do a quick Google search to make sure others have been able to use the DAC under OS X.

Fo a good, mid-range DAC, I've successfully used the HiFiMeDIY Sabre USB DAC ES9023 with OS X.

At the minute I'm using a more expensive AudioEngine D3 DAC with my Hackintosh, which sounds great.

I've also heard good things about the DragonFly USB DAC (v1.2), which I believe is also compatible with OS X.

If the update works, should we be going back to the config.plist with the RtVariables ​the way they were before the update?

Will this work in Config.plist?

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MLB</key>
<string>C02140302D5DMT31M</string>
<key>ROM</key>
<string>&lt;af070008 0009&gt;</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>
</dict>

I installed the latest Clover 3270 over Chimera & updated to 10.11 all good so far except USB & Audio.

Stupid question, Clover noob here.
My EFI Partition when mounted just has an Apple folder inside it.
My EFI>Clover/Boot folder is on the root of my boot drive & is locked.

Is this correct? Or do i need to merge the contents of the EFI folders into the EFI Partition?

I am trying to run the ALC-110 Toledo patch without much luck as it is looking in the EFI partition which is empty & it won't update the EFI folder on the boot drive as the files are locked.
Yes to using changed RT Variables.
:crazy:

Back