Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

anyone else got the update installing correct but after reboot there is yosemite again ?
Yes I have set the SIP variables
:beachball:

anyone else got the update installing correct but after reboot there is yosemite again ?
Yes I have set the SIP variables
:beachball:

Yep happened to me, then i realised upon booting with the clover drive selection screen you need to boot from the El Capitan install drive & not your boot drive.

Yep happened to me, then i realised upon booting with the clover drive selection screen you need to boot from the El Capitan install drive & not your boot drive.
Hm, I did a upgrade from Yosemite not not from USB or will there be a virtual drive created?

[EDIT]
Yes there will be a virtual Install Drive created !
Retrying it right now :) :headbang:

I can't get beyond kernel trap at 0xffffff7f81. Tried everything
Any suggestions on what is causing this?
My Yosemite worked perfectly fine. Asrock z77 pro4 with patched bios and core i7

Confirmed direct update using Clover.

Added FakeSMC kext and Ethernet kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 folder.
Added RT Variables.

Ran the update.

On reboot, selected Boot OS X Install From... and finished the update process.

Ran Toleda's ALC1150 patch to get audio working.

This was on my z97x-UD5H build.

Wich patch? The one linked in post 6? I have ALC 1150 (z87) as well and I still have no sound under el cap, so frustrating :(

I tried this method and now I am stuck in a reboot loop. I got to where install finished and rebooted, picked boot from Mac OS X and then the progress screen comes up for a second before rebooting. I have tried nv_disable=1 and cpus=1 with no improvement.

Any ideas?

Have you already tried the many times mentioned tip to remove evoreboot.kext from S/L/E?

I updated from Yosemite to El Capitan this morning and now I can't boot at all, I got through the first step and ran install El Capitan from Clover, and on reboot I cannot go further... everytime I attempt to boot from OS X my system restarts itself.

I have tried nv_disable=1, -x, rootless=0 and -v to trouble shoot but can't find what the problem is.
Running my yosemite install USB doesn't work, and neither does the recovery option.

Any ideas?

IMG_6752.jpgIMG_6754.jpgIMG_6755.jpgIMG_6753.jpg

Back