Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hmm this is weird. I'm trying to boot and I installed the OS. My computer reboot and I'm back at the clover screen. I choose "boot mac OS x from " harddive name"" and it goes to the black screen with the apple icon but instantly restarts my computer. It's an infinite loop. Any help?
I have the same problem. It's so sad.

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Gaming5-EU
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX1070
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I had endless pain with this on my Z77-DS3H. As some others had seen, I just ended up with a long parse after console output finished, and then a grey screen, sometimes with a beachball, other times with nothing. I tried many combinations, including changing the SMBIOS; resorting to removing my GTX970 and booting off the HD4k; and booting off a fresh ElCap USB stick. All gave similar results.

In the end I stumbled across this thread, which turned out to work for me: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/173640-grey-screen-spinning-ball-when-booting-installer-2.html

TL;DR I removed all the kext/10.x folders, moved the kexts to the Other folder, and booted off the USB (with nv_disable=1, of course). After that it was plain sailing.

Motherboard
GA-Z77-UD5H
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
MSI - ARMOR MK2 8G OC AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB
@Supcon or @madman1234,

Is it safe to assume that both of you are running a patched DSDT? I have not been using a patched DSDT in the past but none of my USB pin headers work. My USB ports straight out the back of the MB work fine.

Just wanted to ask if it is now time to run with a patched DSDT. Also, what BIOS version do you have. I wanted to get my USB issue sorted out first and then flash my BIOS to the F16 mod 11.

Thanks!

Edit: I to figured out where in the config.plist to add the Patch to rename to EH01. All USB ports confirmed working now.

I placed the patch as the last entry under ACPi -> DSDT key.

Motherboard
MSI z87 mpower max
CPU
Intel I7 4770k
Graphics
Gainward Nvidia 760 2GB Phantom
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Run the installer over the existing install for native kexts
I ended up reinstalling Yosemite then ElCap. On the fresh install, I followed instructions from post 6 but after restarting the system, the sound icon is still greyed out and there is no sound. Anything else I could try ? :(

Motherboard
Z87X-UD5H
CPU
Core i7 4770K 3.5GHz
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048 MB
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
What kind of USB Audio adapter is everyone getting?

Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm using a Vantec NBA-120U, which is a clone of the Sabrent unit TonyMac discussed a while back. It's natively recognized, only $8 to $10, looks good, and the sound quality is at least as good as the onboard ALC892 I've given up on.

Motherboard
Asus X79-Deluxe
CPU
Intel Core i7-4930K
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 770 (N770 TF 2GD5/OC)
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi,
Can't make this update work !
I have this bsod and don't know why.
I boot with nv_disable=1, FakeSMC.kext is in 10.10, 10.11 and others, I've tried to remove my dsdt and ssdt from acpi patch, but it doesn't change anything.
Any idea ?

Attachments

Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z390-A
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
Android
Basically take your pick - most USB Dacs run well under OS X with no need for drivers - just do a quick Google search to make sure others have been able to use the DAC under OS X.

Fo a good, mid-range DAC, I've successfully used the HiFiMeDIY Sabre USB DAC ES9023 with OS X.

At the minute I'm using a more expensive AudioEngine D3 DAC with my Hackintosh, which sounds great.

I've also heard good things about the DragonFly USB DAC (v1.2), which I believe is also compatible with OS X.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
If the update works, should we be going back to the config.plist with the RtVariables ​the way they were before the update?