Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

I still have to use nv_disable=1 as well. It's a driver incompatibility. You have to try to find and install the right driver that lets you boot without that. I gave up for tonight, having finally got ElCap to install and boot, and will tshoot the NVIDIA graphics driver problem tomorrow.

I still have to use nv_disable=1 as well. It's a driver incompatibility. You have to try to find and install the right driver that lets you boot without that. I gave up for tonight, having finally got ElCap to install and boot, and will tshoot the NVIDIA graphics driver problem tomorrow.

Same here but others with 960 seems to be working.

Edit: DVI works, but DVI + HDMI does not.

Edit2: Both working now, just now sound.

Hi everyone in here,

Just wanna ask is these method also work for laptop?
I got HP Elitebook 8460p
I just tried to update it to El Capitan, already copy the FakeSMC file to 10.11 directory. After reboot, I choose OS X install option but it's keep on the white screen with cursor spinning.
Is there anything I need to do? Or just wait till it's come to the installation screen?

I did the direct update from Yosemite with Clover already running on UEFI. I didn't have any issues installing, but I have some sleep issues now. The computer won't to auto sleep based on the time in system preferences. It will sleep if i manually sleep from the apple menu, but then the video won't work after wake. It seems like everything else is working though after that. Anybody have any suggestions for sleep issues?

I have the same problem with my BCM94360CD card. Worked perfectly fine with Mountain Lion through Yosemite. Now the bluetooth portion isn't working or recognized.

When I installed El Capitan my bluetooth went missing. USB has changed, and so some of my USB ports don't work anymore, and one of those happened to be a port I was using for my bluetooth cable to Apple WiFi card. Moving the cable to a different header that did happen to work solved the problem. There are a lot of threads covering the USB issue. I'm too lazy to care, so I've just found the ports that work and live with it.

I've also found that even if a device works in one port, it doesn't mean it will work in another port. Even if that second port works with a different device. Definitely annoying! On the up side, I still have more working ports on my hackintosh than my iMac.

I, too, belong to the club receiving the launchd exit with error code 255. Tried it with nv_disable=1 but didn't help.

Have been running Yosemite stably for a long time now, updating from 10.10.1 through 10.10.5 without a hitch. My system is as follows: Clover v3270 • GA-Z97X-UD5H • i7 4790k • 16GB RAM • Asus GeForce GT 740

Audio via USB; video via PCI. I normally have the Intel video and on-board sound deactivated in the BIOS, but also tried it with and got the same result.

Attached are my config.plist, System and Clover kexts

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Perro

p.s. nearly forgot, is it necessary in Clover options to change the version no. (below where one sets the boot arguments)? By default it says, "10.10.10"

Attachments

• System Kexts.txt
    16.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Clover Kexts.txt
    345 bytes · Views: 141
  • config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 294
Thanks so much for this very simple guide... I have a 4790k + Gigabyte Ultra durable m'board and two GTX 760's. The upgrade worked without a hitch the only issue was I had a completely blank screen for the entire upgrade process after the first reboot .. just nervously watched the io light flash.

Many thanks

Hello everyone,
my update was smooth as silk.
No issue, except the sound. I want to thanks all society that makes this so easy.
Tonymac, toleda..... etc, etc, etc.

Thank you guys and keep going

I had endless pain with this on my Z77-DS3H. As some others had seen, I just ended up with a long parse after console output finished, and then a grey screen, sometimes with a beachball, other times with nothing. I tried many combinations, including changing the SMBIOS; resorting to removing my GTX970 and booting off the HD4k; and booting off a fresh ElCap USB stick. All gave similar results.

In the end I stumbled across this thread, which turned out to work for me: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...n-spinning-ball-when-booting-installer-2.html

TL;DR I removed all the kext/10.x folders, moved the kexts to the Other folder, and booted off the USB (with nv_disable=1, of course). After that it was plain sailing.

@Supcon or @madman1234,

Is it safe to assume that both of you are running a patched DSDT? I have not been using a patched DSDT in the past but none of my USB pin headers work. My USB ports straight out the back of the MB work fine.

Just wanted to ask if it is now time to run with a patched DSDT. Also, what BIOS version do you have. I wanted to get my USB issue sorted out first and then flash my BIOS to the F16 mod 11.

Thanks!

Edit: I to figured out where in the config.plist to add the Patch to rename to EH01. All USB ports confirmed working now.

I placed the patch as the last entry under ACPi -> DSDT key.

Back