Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

Thank you for the instructions. Everything works great, even sleep and USB 3.0. The only thing I noticed is that system info shows zero MB memory for my GTX650.

I'm seeing the same thing on my GTX 750 and my USB 3.0 ports seem to work, but the devices connected to them do not show up in the device listings in System Information. Any ideas?

I got everything to work but I had to disable nv again. It happens every time I update. Any solutions?

deleted the ALC kext

Disable SIP in plist (0x67)
Reboot
Run Toeleda's audio Clover ALC 110 v 1.0f
Reboot
Semi Enable SIP in plist (0x3)
and Rebooted again.
Why?
Not correct, should be
Disable SIP in plist (0x3)
Enable SIP in plist (0x0)

No audio, see post #6

Everything working but SSDT (speedstep) don't work correctly

Haswell 4770k (only steps x8 x35 x37)

Ok I updated fine other then sound like most. 887 audio on my DS3h mobo. I ran the clover audio patch, it does not ask me for anything but my password. No audio kext is places in my 10.11 kext folder in efi either. Some how my hdmi on my video card is the only audio that my system shows enabled. I put that SIP stuff in my config also.

File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0f
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: enabled
NVRAM Protections: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.
OK to patch
codec: 8b19d411 is missing
S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext is not native
Install native AppleHDA.kext
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

Ok this is starting to annoy me a little bit, still no sound (I had it working without issue under Yosemite.

Hi,

Haven't got a fix for the ALC, but on my side I used VoodooHDA on Yosemite to get my sound up. Might just work out for you too, I found it quite simple to install and maintain (haven't upgraded to EC yet so I'm not sure if it still works, I should do it next week).

So install was straight forward and quick. Thanks to the many that make it simple.

Asus Extreme IV

Sound was initially not working but is now after Toledo help.

I only have a issue with USB 3.0 (Renesas Controller on this board).

Do we need to wait for an updated GenericUSBXHCI.kext before USB3.0 works for non Intel controllers?

Why?
Not Correct, should be
Disable SIP in plist (0x3)
Enable SIP in plist (0x0)

No audio, see post #6

I managed to break applehda.kext, the terminal command cannot run as the terminal windows shows the following message: applehda.kext is not native, install native applehda.kext

Is my only option to reinstall or can the applehda.kext be found somewhere?

Back