Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

Are you also having issues with your USB 2.0 headers? USB 3.0 and the USB 2 ports on my motherboard works fine, but the front panel USB 2.0 ports on my case don't work which I think might also explain why the bluetooth controller, which is plugged into another USB 2.0 header, doesn't work.

This solved it for me:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Menlo]  <key>Patches</key>[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Menlo]                        <array>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <key>Comment</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <string>Rename EHC1 to EH01</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <key>Find</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        RUhDMQ==[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        </data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <key>Replace</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        RUgwMQ==[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                </dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <key>Comment</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <string>Rename EHC2 to EH02</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <key>Find</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        RUhDMg==[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <key>Replace</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        RUgwMg==[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                </dict> [/FONT]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Menlo]                        </array>[/FONT][/COLOR]

how do i mount the EFI partition in El Capitan? it is hidden. I need to make changes to have clover autoboot OS X by changing the timeout in config i believe.

Are you also having issues with your USB 2.0 headers? USB 3.0 and the USB 2 ports on my motherboard works fine, but the front panel USB 2.0 ports on my case don't work which I think might also explain why the bluetooth controller, which is plugged into another USB 2.0 header, doesn't work.

No USB 2.0/3.0 work perfectly fine. This is a PCI card. Essentially it is the same Bluetooth/WiFi Module Apple used. Don't know why it doesn't work now as it worked through the complete install.

Hi everybody

It is currently above Yosemite
I have a few questions
Everything was done in the same way as all of the above description yet I can not install the boot just after the cursor is blinking and nothing happens.

1, install usb (Terminal)
2, Clover_v2.3k_r3270_Legacy
3, copy FakeSMC.kext (10.11)
4, reboot pc
5, boot usb and install El Capitan
6, cursor is blinking and nothing happens

Motherboard: Asus P7P55D LX
CPU: Intel Core i3 (1156)
Memory: 8GB DDR3

Sorry for my bad english!

No USB 2.0/3.0 work perfectly fine. This is a PCI card. Essentially it is the same Bluetooth/WiFi Module Apple used. Don't know why it doesn't work now as it worked through the complete install.

Bluetooth is connected through internal usb connector. Due to usb port restrictions you need tom
apply above mentioned fix to rename the ports

Hello,

I have a question regarding Clover update. It is mentionned as point 1 of this guide the following:

Download the latest version of Clover from sourceforge and update your existing Clover install.

Now how exactly do I update Clover? Install it over the exsting one while EFI partition is mounted then selecting the custom install settings for UEFI or something else must be done to update?

Right, I did pretty much the guide, except uninstalled OsxAptioFix and installed the Second version.
When I boot, I get to a white screen and a spinning beach ball. I did this fix, but it didn't help. http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/172141-cant-update-el-capitan-gm-clover.html

Any ideas?

Clover R2370, GA-H97N-WiFi.

We are on the same boat. Tried the same 'fix' but I still get that spinning beach ball even when I tried to install from an USB drive.

Bluetooth is connected through internal usb connector. Due to usb port restrictions you need tom

You're absolutely correct. I totally forgot about the USB connection. I did apply the rename patch in my Clover config.plist, but it had no effect.

Any other ideas?

NEVERMIND...I forgot to update the config.plist in the EFI partition(s). Yes I have two via a Fusion drive setup. Weird I know. But I have to maintain 3 separate Clover EFI folders otherwise strange things happen. I had no idea about the EHC1/2->EH01/2 patch. I've not been doing a great job of keeping up.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Sadly that didn't seem to work. I'm getting no power through USB 2.0 headers as soon as OSX boots even with the patch you provided. My BIOS settings are all correct based on previous Clover guides for this board, and I was running 100% on Yosemite.

Hi There,

Though I was a bit reluctant to update this fast after release, especially after the 10.10.3 and 10.10.5 "black screen" issue, I followed the guide and transitioned smoothly from my yosemite install to El Capitan.

The only problem that remains is the one I had left unsolved on Yosemite : some rare random reboots during sleep or after waking up (does not happen all the time though)

I still have to switch my other (very stable) machine from chimera to clover.
About this, I was wandering : can I make a El Capitan USB stick following the yosemite guide (changing the kext-dev-mode bootflag with the appropriate CSR nvram parameter) or do I need to install yosemite with clover, and then updgrade to El capitan ?

I know unibeast will upgrade soon, but I guess it's time to embrace clover every where isn't it ?

[edit : see specs in my signature)

Back