Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

Hi guys,

So I got this to work perfectly. I did struggle at first but got it solved. My issue was with nVidia drivers. I would select "Boot OS X Install" and it would just hang on loading screen and restart. So I had to set the arguments to disable nvidia driver. "nv_disable=1 -v" and launched in verbose mode.

So basically:

1. Follow Guide
2. Add boot arguments "nv_disable=1 -v"
3. Find and install latest nvidia web driver (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306535-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-el-capitan/)
4. Restart and it worked without the boot arguments.

This is just incase you guys run into that trouble.

got it working! it was nv_disable=1 that was the problem.

Normally I always prefer clean installs but decided to go the update route (making sure I have a good working backup of my current setup) and save my self some time. Must say it was quite painless, just had to re-run Toledo's Script for audio and all was good - Great Job Tonymac Team on the Guide.

All working great!

- Updated clover
- Updated config.plist
- Installed NullCPU
- Updated OSX
- Deleted NullCPU and patched CPUPowerManagement
- Patched audio with toleda patch (thanks toleda!)

Seems working everything correctly. Great job guys!

PD: Asrock z87 xtreme3 + i7 4770k + nvidia gtx660

NullCPU.kext for what is it? :)

i want also to ask if I have to set the SIP to ENABLED: "csr-active-config 0x0 = SIP Enabled (Default)" after everything is working :)

p.s. I put bootflag "rootless=0" that i use for toleda patch audio with clover. After everything works I have to delete it?

Great! so easy, all working perfectly! thks

Hello,

I have a question regarding Clover update. It is mentionned as point 1 of this guide the following:

Download the latest version of Clover from sourceforge and update your existing Clover install.

Now how exactly do I update Clover? Install it over the exsting one while EFI partition is mounted then selecting the custom install settings for UEFI or something else must be done to update?

Can someone let me know the steps to update Clover? never done that in the past and the info I find on the net is confusing... Thanks!

Any solution for update on a MRB partition? I Can't update to El Capitan because i haven't GUID partition table....
For Yosemite I used MBR patch to works. And now? What could I do?
Thanks

Back