Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Wingfat,
I don't recommend a direct upgrade in your case. The hackrNVMeFamily kext is different for Sierra See how I did it in my Gene build description.
Thanks for your input.... After researching the subject I just couldn't hash out the procedure that would have been required. For now I'll put the upgrade on the back burner.. even though I wanted to try my new GTX 1060.

I just happened to think that you can download RehabMan's latest version of patcher-nvme and compare the 10.11.6 and 10.12.4 plists to see if they're they're the same. If they are the same, do a direct update, run MultiBeast v9.01 to update your drivers/kexts and then create a new HackrNVMeFamily kext. If they are not the same, prepare a UniBeast USB thumb drive for 10.12.4, then use my config.plist for it which I link to in my Gene build description, run MultiBeast v9.01 to update your drivers/kexts and then create a new HackrNVMeFamily kext.

I just happened to think that you can download RehabMan's latest version of patcher-nvme and compare the 10.11.6 and 10.12.4 plists to see if they're they're the same.

They are not the same.

They are not the same.
Thank you for the confirmation that they're not the same. So, Wingfat will have to do it the UniBeast installation USB thumb drive method.

Is it possible to do a direct upgrade from EL Capitan to Sierra when system is on M.2 NVME (samsung)? HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext is in clover kexts 10.11 folder

If it's possible, could some kind sole list the order of steps needed to upgrade with the NVME in place? I don't need the details of the steps .. just the general concept.
Thanks..

You should implement the class-code spoof.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Get it working with the spoof prior to upgrade. Then you can easily upgrade (as per guide).

I have the same problem and this did nothing for me. Still no boot option for installer. so annoying
Which version of Clover do you have installed? >4049 adds an additional scan path for the installer. Also you might check in your config.plist the following
Code:
<key>GUI</key>
<dict>
    <key>Scan</key>
    <true/>
</dict>
and also
Code:
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
    <key>IgnoreNVRAMBoot</key>
    <false/>
</dict>

I skimmed the thread in preparation for updating from ElCap to Sierra. I noticed a few mentions of an easier method with UniBeast and MultiBeast "coming soon" but didn't notice anything indicating this was now possible.

Are these instructions still best practices for direct updating?

I am on Yosemite 10.10.5. Will this method work for me or do I need to go for a fresh install, which I'd rather avoid. Reason for updating now is to install Pascal GPU. Also am on sandy bridge so sys identifier is at 12,1 do I need to change that

Hello guys, i am on 10.11.6 at moment, but i'd like to upgrade to Sierra to get my 1080 fully working with the last driver released by nVidia. When i try to run the upgrade from the App Store, i get a message that says i can't install it on my machine... I think because i have system identifier at MacPro 3,1.

I tryed to change it with multibeast to 5,1 but OS X won't start anymore so i had to switch back to 3,1..

How could install it?

Thanks for the help

Back