Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

I finally made the upgrade to Sierra and things went (mostly) smooth. After one freeze during the initial install I realized I needed to move my kexts (namely FakeSMC) from the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 folder into the 10.12 folder. After that the install completed without a hitch.

I just needed to update my audio & video drivers after that. Scadoosh!

After one freeze during the initial install I realized I needed to move my kexts (namely FakeSMC) from the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 folder into the 10.12 folder. After that the install completed without a hitch.

If you keep them in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other instead then you will never be troubled by the same issue again.

hey guys, I need some help
I successfully upgraded from el capitan to sierra 10.12.4 but get cpu panic
should I upgrade fakeSMC from rehabman? and how to upgrade?
thanks you

hey guys, I need some help
I successfully upgraded from el capitan to sierra 10.12.4 but get cpu panic
should I upgrade fakeSMC from rehabman? and how to upgrade?
thanks you
Run MultiBeast for Sierra with your configuration.

Soon...we're waiting on two components to finish development.

Hi !

I'm trying to install sierra from el capitan 10.11.3.
hack is a i7 3960x with a gigabyte X79-UD7 + GTX970
edit: forgot to say that I use iMac14,2 smbios

I cannot manage to boot the installer.
I always get the OsxAptipFixDrv : Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated...

I followed the instructions, copied the exts to /clover/kexts/others
I updated clover (and the clover install in the EFI). (I have version 4061)
I removed and re-added each EFI drivers that I had just to make sure.

I checked the forum and I tried with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi alternatively.

I tried with -v -f -s options... with memory=4096...

What is strange is that I can boot my el capitan without any problem,
I don't understand why the installer wouldn't be able to allocate memory with the same set of extensions etc.

drivers64UEFI/ has :
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
PartitionDxe-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi

kexts/Other/ has
AppleHDADisabler.kext
FakeSMC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext

I can't see what else I could do.
Thanks for any help !

Edit 2: You could try installing Clover from the installer package , selecting 'Install .rc scripts to target volume' and 'EmuVariable-UEFI-64.efi' in driver selection, reboot, then restart the update process.

I have the same problem and this did nothing for me. Still no boot option for installer. so annoying

Is it possible to do a direct upgrade from EL Capitan to Sierra when system is on M.2 NVME (samsung)? HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext is in clover kexts 10.11 folder

If it's possible, could some kind sole list the order of steps needed to upgrade with the NVME in place? I don't need the details of the steps .. just the general concept.
Thanks..

Wingfat,
I don't recommend a direct upgrade in your case. The hackrNVMeFamily kext is different for Sierra See how I did it in my Gene build description.

Back