Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

GuitarGuy77, you can change your System Definition in MultiBeast by just selecting the System Definition you desire, nothing else. If you select MacPro6,1, MultiBeast will set up the modified kext for you.

GuitarGuy77, you can change your System Definition in MultiBeast by just selecting the System Definition you desire, nothing else. If you select MacPro6,1, MultiBeast will set up the modified kext for you.

@ Stork - Appreciate you getting back!

Please note I've installed via Clover - will that override the config file? Actually tried that last night updating system definition via latest Sierra MultiBeast and it was still showing the MacPro,3,1 definition in the system report. Thank you very much - please let me know when you have time.

@ Stork - Appreciate you getting back!

Please note I've installed via Clover - will that override the config file? Actually tried that last night updating system definition via latest Sierra MultiBeast and it was still showing the MacPro,3,1 definition in the system report. Thank you very much - please let me know when you have time.
MultiBeast either creates or modifies an existing config.plist (just like the Clover installer). Running MultiBeast to change the System Definition should have worked. When you checked your SysDef after running MultiBeast, did you reboot after running MultiBeast? Did you install the SysDef change on the correct drive?

MultiBeast either creates or modifies an existing config.plist (just like the Clover installer). Running MultiBeast to change the System Definition should have worked. When you checked your SysDef after running MultiBeast, did you reboot after running MultiBeast? Did you install the SysDef change on the correct drive?

Hi Stork,

Correct - I selected MacPro 6,1 SysDef then installed MultiBeast, and rebooted. Will try this again and loop back very soon.

Greatly appreciate your help!

Thanks,

So I managed to fix this. What I did was firstly to enable viewing of hidden files in Finder.

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
killall Finder

Then mounted the EFI partition using Clover Configurator. Then I went to the Main Drive\Library\Extensions -- a folder that was hidden before -- and copied *all* the kexts into the EFI\Clover\kexts\other directory.

Following that I rebooted, selected the Install option and Sierra successfully installed.

It's blown out the NVIDIA drivers and also the HDA sound. The former doesn't appear to be available yet. Presumably it'll take them a day or so to issue an update? Appreciate advice on how to fix the HDA sound. Totally lost all sound. Thanks

THX a ton!
That really helped me a lot.

Cheers!

Hi Stork - appreciate all your help! So I was able to boot into OSX 10.10 get with the MacPro5,1 SysDef (ended up pressing space bar in clover to get to the boot options in Clover and adjusted SMBIOS manually. Booted into OSX 10.10 OK - then downloaded the Sierra installer. Now the problem is mounting the drive to continue the install post the reboot. Any ideas?

Referenced the official post from here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/direct-update-to-macos-sierra-using-clover.201465/

Thanks!!

Apprecaite that P1LGRIM ! Will track the pesky sucker down and nix it. Assume it lives here: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

Hi all so that helped P1LGRIM! I killed /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

The white install status bar gets far then it crashes here is a screen shot with the log cat:

IMG_0701.JPG

ANY IDEAS?

Back