Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Tried "you need to mount the EFI then update as suggested." but still no macOS install option in Clover Boot menu.
I use UEFI bios, so Clover install does not give the option to update bootfiles.

Solved:
entry in Config.plist blocked to show the macOS install option

<key>Scan</key>
<dict>
<key>Entries</key>
<false/>

must be:

<key>Scan</key>
<dict>
<key>Entries</key>
<true/>

I'm trying to update one of my machines to Sierra, and it just refuses to cooperate. I've tried everything mentioned in this thread, and I'm still getting stuck at

Code:
busy timeout[0], (240s), kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'

This is on a Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A motherboard with an i3-4330 CPU (using HD 4600 graphics). It runs El Capitan just fine, so I'm stumped.

cloverbeast.png

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover
When the clover boot screen appears, there is no option to boot Mac OS X - am I doing something wrong?

No. Use the UniBeast USB Installation thumb drive.

Hi guys! Just updated my hackintosh from 10.8 (Mountain Lion) to 10.12. Yeah, kind of a big update but it went really fine. Boots up without any problem and seems to run smooth. Only problem is that the sound and internet (ethernet) doesnt work.
I'm guessing I am supposed to use multibeast somehow, but can't seem to find out how really. Tried to install the drivers on a USB-stick but got a error. It's been years since I last used multibeast, so cant remember anything :confused:
Does anybody have any idiot proof advice for me?

(btw: I have a GA-Z77-DS3H)

EDIT: Never mind, I found out how to install. But I cant get it to work. The internet driver doesnt appear in the extension map in finder when I install it. And the audio drivers doesnt do a thing.

Last edited:
Hello everyone:
follow steps by Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover
when my 10.11 trying to update 10.12, i don't find "macOS install option", too.
i also update clover UEFI ver. to lastest (v2.3k_r3974). and i see it!
But trying to setup and do something, it's still not woking or getting wrong...

I found if use CLOVER UEFI Bootloader USB( lastest v2.3k_r3974) to BOOT PC,
then choose "macOS install option"and go to update !
u wii see Sierra in pc ^^

after setup, don't forget to use Clover Configurator to edit /EFI/Clover/config.plist and kexts
OR copy all USB-EFI FILEs to HDD-EFI , and reboot pc by UEFI:HDD

sorry for my English...

MY 2nd hackintoch PC's SPEC.
i3-2100+GA-B75m-D3H+ MICRON BX200 256GB SSD(TLC)

Considering the upgrade to Sierra but had a (probably really dumb, I apologize) question: looking at the L/E kexts, there's many there that are 3rd party (logitech, dropbox, etc.) which I assume you don't copy to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

But the remaining kexts, save for FakeSMC.kext which is mentioned in this thread, how does one know which kexts to copy over to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ ? All of them?

FakeSMC.kext and your Ethernet kext should be sufficient. Check the first post in this thread again.

The cancel hibernate option did the trick for me on asus Z170-A.

Back