Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Thanks, I will do that now but should I have to mount EFI in Windows in order to put the latest voodoops2 in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/?
not sure of your setup but i would copy it the safest way without disrupting any partitions, maybe from a usb installer to copy it to?

Next will be GA X58A-UD7 I7 ATI6870.

not sure of your setup but i would copy it the safest way without disrupting any partitions, maybe from a usb installer to copy it to?
I couldn't get to home screen. As I stated before my computer rebooted after Sierra completion and there is no interface for me to copy to anywhere. I didn't use a usb installer to update from El Capitan to Sierra it was just clover from EFI on my hard drive

I couldn't get to home screen. As I stated before my computer rebooted after Sierra completion and there is no interface for me to copy to anywhere. I didn't use a usb installer to update from El Capitan to Sierra it was just clover from EFI on my hard drive
ahh, then if you can safely mount it via windows then maybe that is maybe your only option

I finished the install and everything works except Siri and iMessage.
I followed the guide and I am trying to generate an ID using clover configurator and the "shake" method. I've done it numerous times and can't get an acceptable ID.
Is there another way around this issue?

Everything else in the guide checks out, my ethernet is en0.
Thanks
Len
UPDATE:
The guide works :) I was doing it wrong. Figured out my mistake, followed it step by step
and both Siri and iMessage works fine. Everything works.
Thanks guys!
Len

Can anyone help me please ?
Hello, I tried updating from El Capitan to Sierra but with no success. I'm using Clover v.3763 dual boot with Windows 10. PC specs: i7 4790k, 8gb of ram, hd 7850. I've put all kexts that are in my L/E folder because if I don't, I get the marble of death with a silver background. Anyways, after many attempts with and without cache/kexts injection, the furthest I've gone was the Sierra installer. It hangs up where it says "33 minutes remaining" and after a couple of minutes it says "Unable to unmount volume for repair".

Attachments

• Installer Log 09-27-16.txt
    40.3 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_1977.JPG
    IMG_1977.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 173
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 6.29.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 6.29.15 PM.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Upgraded from 10.11.6 from appstore, all steps here

Back