Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

I fixed the same issue by disabling Serial Port in Bios
I tried this and I get to the clover screen a lot faster (thank you), but the installation still gets stuck. I'm running a Asus B85M-G with Intel i5 4460 and HD4600.

At first I thought it had something to do with my magic mouse and keyboard because I had both my bluetooth (with the magic mouse and keyboard) and a wireless usb mouse and keyboard injected. Turns out that was not the problem because both the installation of macOS and boot of Mac OS X fail. This is where macOS quits:
image.jpg

And this is where the boot of Mac OS X quits:
image.jpg

I feel like I've tried all possible combinations of with/without kext and caches. I'm afraid my only option left is to make a new USB and start my hack all over again, but wanted to check with you guys if you maybe have my holy grail.

Hi
Im going to ask a really stupid question, i have a working el capitan and don't want to mess it up, if i remove the drive its on and put in a spare drive for testing will it go back to normal when i switch the drive back to the el capitan one, just worry about the boot loader

I tried this and I get to the clover screen a lot faster (thank you), but the installation still gets stuck. I'm running a Asus B85M-G with Intel i5 4460 and HD4600.

At first I thought it had something to do with my magic mouse and keyboard because I had both my bluetooth (with the magic mouse and keyboard) and a wireless usb mouse and keyboard injected. Turns out that was not the problem because both the installation of macOS and boot of Mac OS X fail. This is where macOS quits:
View attachment 212494

And this is where the boot of Mac OS X quits:
View attachment 212495

I feel like I've tried all possible combinations of with/without kext and caches. I'm afraid my only option left is to make a new USB and start my hack all over again, but wanted to check with you guys if you maybe have my holy grail.

Rollback ti clover 3726 this Will fix the problem

How exactly? Since I can't access my new installation nor my old one
Mount the EFI partition in Windows using diskpart
Access the contents from Taskmanager -> Browse -> All files
Download Clover ISO 3726. Mount the x64 ISO and replace all files in your EFI/EFI partition related to clover retaining config.plist, injected kexts. Pay attention to what OSAptioDrv you were using in EFI/Clover/Drivers64Uefi

I finished the install and everything works except Siri and iMessage.
I followed the guide and I am trying to generate an ID using clover configurator and the "shake" method. I've done it numerous times and can't get an acceptable ID.
Is there another way around this issue?

Everything else in the guide checks out, my ethernet is en0.
Thanks
Len

Last edited:
Any Z68 mobo successes?. Maybe I should just build a new hackintosh... The z68 is 4 years old, at least... I am running El Cap with dual 970s fine. Though mac only sees 1 graphic card. I upgraded but had to downgrade due to reboots.. Would I need the null cpu PM?

Mount the EFI partition in Windows using diskpart
Access the contents from Taskmanager -> Browse -> All files
Download Clover ISO 3726. Mount the x64 ISO and replace all files in your EFI/EFI partition related to clover retaining config.plist, injected kexts. Pay attention to what OSAptioDrv you were using in EFI/Clover/Drivers64Uefi

I'm not running Windows anymore, just my hackintosh and a macbook on the side. I think I'm just going to redo the whole thing with El Capitan and start again from there. Thank you for the help though!

Any Z68 mobo successes?. Maybe I should just build a new hackintosh... The z68 is 4 years old, at least... I am running El Cap with dual 970s fine. Though mac only sees 1 graphic card. I upgraded but had to downgrade due to reboots.. Would I need the null cpu PM?
Hang in there. You should be able to update shortly. Does your Z68 use a UEFI or non UEFI BIOS?

I have two Z68 Sandy Bridge systems (non UEFI BIOS) I'll be upgrading next month after the dust settles. If your system runs OK on El Capitan, then keep it there for a while.

Following Tony's guide to upgrade to macOS Sierra, almost everything good running right now just no audio even apply Toleda audio fix. I have two monitors working at El Capitan, after update Clover to R3763, DVI monitor has no video after loading to booting up. Right now, I take off the inject ATI, both monitor HDMI + DVI working good. I don't see any performance drop yet. Thanks for Tonymacx86 team.

updated:
Read toleda No Audio device post again, install audio_cloverALC-120.command.zip again after reboot, audio alive at orange and black port! :clap:, thanks toleda.
audio.png
macOS Sierra.png

Last edited:
Back