Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Hi Users,

Ok for the update to sierra with clover but standby or shutdown impossible.
A solution?

Hang in there. You should be able to update shortly. Does your Z68 use a UEFI or non UEFI BIOS?

I have two Z68 Sandy Bridge systems (non UEFI BIOS) I'll be upgrading next month after the dust settles. If your system runs OK on El Capitan, then keep it there for a while.
Hey... Thanks for the response. I left it on bios though there is a uefi beta i believe. I just felt that would open a new can of woop ass screen of death lol.

Im still eyeing the skylark, is that the latest cpu... but the z68 is fine for web design and the dual 970s pc gaming is great. Still have the itchy upgrade finger. Lol

Hello, I tried updating from El Capitan to Sierra but with no success. I'm using Clover v.3763 dual boot with Windows 10. PC specs: i7 4790k, 8gb of ram, hd 7850. I've put all kexts that are in my L/E folder because if I don't, I get the marble of death with a silver background. Anyways, after many attempts with and without cache/kexts injection, the furthest I've gone was the Sierra installer. It hangs up where it says "33 minutes remaining" and after a couple of minutes it says "Unable to unmount volume for repair".

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 6.29.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 6.29.15 PM.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 139
After earlier issues, I now run a main system drive and 2 clones at all time.
So, I always update a clone, and if that runs well, I update the main drive,
then finally a second clone. Saves a bit of time and heart ache when things go wrong.

Anyway, I got the first clone to boot Sierra, but only after I went added cpus=1 to
the boot flags, and made sure to have the nvidia boot flags right and not conflicting (earlier mistake!).
This meant that I had the nv_disable=1 but not the nvda_drv=1. (Correct me if I'm not understanding that right).
This allowed the final installer to work.

So my only thought - try the original boot flags that got your system originally working, not just the ones
you use after the install.

Hi everyone,

I was able to update from El Capitan to Sierra using Clover bootloader V.3763 and upon the completion my PC restarted to the panic state and whatever I chose it rebooted and be greeted with the same panic zone

Previously, I'd put PS2Keyboard and FakeSMC kext on /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and for not being able to have Sierra installed I removed PS2Keyboard and left FakeSMC alone and that helped installation with no complication encountered but failed to finalize the installation due to panic state.

The screenshot has been included, your input will be very appreciated, I don’t know what caused “system uptime in nanoseconds”

Attachments

• IMG_3135 (1).JPG
    IMG_3135 (1).JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 135
So easy it's scary! Just updated my March 2016 CustoMac Mini (Hasswell chip set) to Sierra and install went without a hitch and everything works! Only thing I needed to do was change Mac type to iMac 14,2.

Hi everyone,

I was able to update from El Capitan to Sierra using Clover bootloader V.3763 and upon the completion my PC restarted to the panic state and whatever I chose it rebooted and be greeted with the same panic zone

Previously, I'd put PS2Keyboard and FakeSMC kext on /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and for not being able to have Sierra installed I removed PS2Keyboard and left FakeSMC alone and that helped installation with no complication encountered but failed to finalize the installation due to panic state.

The screenshot has been included, your input will be very appreciated, I don’t know what caused “system uptime in nanoseconds”
you could update to the latest voodoops2 kext and that will get you going

Hi everyone,

Your VoodooPS2Controller.kext is too old for Sierra. You must use at least 1.8.24 (latest version).

Salut utilisateurs,

Ok pour la mise à jour sierra avec le trèfle , mais le mode veille ou arrêt impossible.
Une solution?

Help please!

Back