Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

GA 77 DS-3h i7-3770K works perfect with Sierra!
Easy install!
just need to run audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0.command - thats it!

No matter what version the last 3 version of clover I use booting from my el capitan drive or usb I always end up with the spinning beachball and or just a gray screen. Any help of suggestion would be greatly appreciated. I use an Nvidia card Geforce 600 and 900 whichworkss with el capitan.
Sam exact problem here. If I dont get the black screen with the beach ball, I get black screen with the mouse arrow stuck in upper left corner of screen. Frustrated to say the least. If you find the trick let us know!

I did what you said and I could install Sierra.

But now, after restart I get stuck with the following picture:

5331d8c520938ffcc51420b84db05cc4o.jpg

What could be that error?

I can't se the picture could you please upload it again?

i have no any other kext exept FakeSMC.kext it is possible?

Just installed Sierra on my hack, it went relatively smoothly.
First I connected my backup drive and cloned with CC my El Capitan SSD.
- Installed the latest Clover.
- Mounted efi partition with semulov and made sure fakesmc was in Efi/clover/kexts/other.
- Started the Sierra installer, after restart I sellected macOS installer partition hit spacebar and and ticked on Boot without caches and inject Kext and ticked off Nvidia web driver. (Don't know if ticking this off made any difference but installation worked.)
- After the reboot I used EFI Mounter V3 to mount the efi partion because semulov didn't work for this... then re-enabled audio with audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0.command
- upgraded to latest Nvida web drivers.

To me Sierra seems to run a little smoother and faster than ElCapitan did.
Only small issue is that I get some audio 'POP' when I come a across a video on Facebook ? Never had that before but my audio kext was installed with Multibeast on El Cap not with the audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0.command

Hi guys, I cant understand whats wrong with my installation. I tried install with two different ways (direct update and from usb), attached photos about this attempts.
I tried "enabling kext, verbose, web graphics enabled, and without cache selected". In clover/kexts/other/ added fakeSMC, I even make folder 10.12 with this kext. So many times install and reinstall OS X and never happened errors.

Attachments

• P60922-173211.jpg
    P60922-173211.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 197
  • P60922-173605.jpg
    P60922-173605.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 205
HALPPPPP
app store broke, installed ethernet kexts with multibeast, still didn't work. Checked my BSD name, ethernet is en2 and wifi is en0. Went to delete network configuration, and sierra changed things so I can no longer find it!!! Any recommendations on how to reset BSD?

Hi guys, I cant understand whats wrong with my installation. I tried install with two different ways (direct update and from usb), attached photos about this attempts.
I tried "enabling kext, verbose, web graphics enabled, and without cache selected". In clover/kexts/other/ added fakeSMC, I even make folder 10.12 with this kext. So many times install and reinstall OS X and never happened errors.
Try disabling sleep in clover when you try to boot

i have no any other kext exept FakeSMC.kext it is possible?
Yes its possible, thats the only kext I have in the other folder too. The rest of my fixes were DSDT patches.

Back