Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MS-16GF (CLOVER UEFI)
CPU
i5 4210H
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 850M @ 1920x1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
which one i should copy the kexts from to EFI/clover/kexts/other..
L/E or S/L/E ? .. also there's no "Without Cache" option on my clover ( 4200 ) , i'm try to update from yosemite 10.10.5, but at my first try , seems got kernel panic and always restart at Apple logo after success install the Sierra.. now i revert it back using my time machine, and try to figure out why my update is failed

Motherboard
Acer V3 771G
CPU
i5-3210M
Graphics
HD4000+GT630M
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I had kernel panic and no way to stop reboot on panic in options at boot time (option was unticked but still rebooting after panic).
I was lucky to take one clear picture, after a few attempts, and figure out it was the VoodooPs2Controller kext (laptop keyboard and mouse).
After testing multiple versions from this website, I had to install the latest version from RehabMan; https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-voodoo-ps2-controller/downloads/
Now Sierra is working fine.
Next step, get the Nvidia mezzanine (shared with Intel graphics) card works (possible?).
Thank you again for your great job. Fantastic to have a working Mac on a 2012 laptop PC.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming K3
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
RX 580
I'm planning to do this and I'm doing a Carbon Copy Clone of my hard drive first. Do I need to do a copy of the EFI partition as well in case the upgrade fails?

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
IIRC, the newer versions of CCC do copy the EFI partition. But, I'm not sure. Try it. If it doesn't copy the EFI partition, mount both EFI partitions and copy the /EFI/ from the installation drive to the backup drive's EFI partition. No big deal.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm trying to install. When I click restart on the installation program, an extra HD in clover with Macos install doesn't show up.
What to do about that?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
CPU
Intel Core i5-6400
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm trying to do a clean reinstall of macOS Sierra on my already set-up CustoMac. I lost my existing UniBeast flash drive, so do I use this method with a standard Sierra install flash drive or do I make a new UniBeast drive? Thanks!

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm trying to do a clean reinstall of macOS Sierra on my already set-up CustoMac. I lost my existing UniBeast flash drive, so do I use this method with a standard Sierra install flash drive or do I make a new UniBeast drive? Thanks!
What does Post #1 say to do? :rolleyes:

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UDH5
CPU
Intel i7-3770k
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
Classic, iMac, LC, Performa, Power Mac, Quadra
Mobile Phone