Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 9560: High Sierra installation stuck on "Waiting on <Dict ID="0">...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 (OpenCore)
CPU
I7-7700HQ / HM175
Graphics
GTX 1050 + HD 630, 3840x2160
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys!

First things first: I'm a complete newbie in the world of Hackintosh.
I'm trying to install High Sierra on my XPS 9560, but, as the title says, I'm stuck at this point.
I created a bootable USB with Unibeast on a real Mac, following the guide on this forum and you can find my laptop specifications on my personal details, but I post them again:

Dell XPS 9560
I7-7700HQ
GTX 1050
16GB DDR4 2400,
512GB NVMe Toshiba,
15" 1920x1080
2x USB 3.0

I also uploaded a photo of the error.

Things I tried:
_I've selected "Fix Usb" in Clover -> ACPI patching/DSDT Fix mask but no cange at all
_ Clover -> PCI Devices/ USB Ownership and USB Injection but no change at all
_I remember that I also selected "drop DMAR" somewhere, but now I can't find where this options was.

I tried these two thing alltogether or one at a time or various combinations of them. Nothing changed. I already tried to do a search in the forum, but nothing helped me. The only thing I found but that I couldn't try is to use an USB 2.0 pendrive instead of an USB 3.0 one. I have only 3.0. My laptop has only USB 3.0 ports and I have no usb hub.

I'm sorry but I can't post my config.plist. I don't have a Mac with me right now and if I put my bootale usb on a pc with Windows or Linux I can't see the cloever folder with the config.plist.

IMG_20181028_190818.jpg

Hi guys!

First things first: I'm a complete newbie in the world of Hackintosh.
I'm trying to install High Sierra on my XPS 9560, but, as the title says, I'm stuck at this point.
I created a bootable USB with Unibeast on a real Mac, following the guide on this forum and you can find my laptop specifications on my personal details, but I post them again:

Dell XPS 9560
I7-7700HQ
GTX 1050
16GB DDR4 2400,
512GB NVMe Toshiba,
15" 1920x1080
2x USB 3.0

I also uploaded a photo of the error.

Things I tried:
_I've selected "Fix Usb" in Clover -> ACPI patching/DSDT Fix mask but no cange at all
_ Clover -> PCI Devices/ USB Ownership and USB Injection but no change at all
_I remember that I also selected "drop DMAR" somewhere, but now I can't find where this options was.

I tried these two thing alltogether or one at a time or various combinations of them. Nothing changed. I already tried to do a search in the forum, but nothing helped me. The only thing I found but that I couldn't try is to use an USB 2.0 pendrive instead of an USB 3.0 one. I have only 3.0. My laptop has only USB 3.0 ports and I have no usb hub.

I'm sorry but I can't post my config.plist. I don't have a Mac with me right now and if I put my bootale usb on a pc with Windows or Linux I can't see the cloever folder with the config.plist.

View attachment 361281
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Hi RehabMan,
thank your for your answer.

I already read all the guides and faqs that you linked me.

I forgot to say that I'm using Clover UEFI. Am I missing something else?
What kind of information about my hardware am I missing?

I also read the part about "problem reporting", but, as I said, I cant't manage to access the EFI partition of my bootable High Sierra pendrive. I don't know why. I can't use have a real Mac (or a hackintosh) in my hands before tomorrow or the day after. I've put all I have (the boot photo, as the faq says).

I'm a newbie. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I can't figure what. I've spent days reading this and other forums, but without success. Could you or whoever wants please help me?

Thank you in advance.

Hi RehabMan,
thank your for your answer.

I already read all the guides and faqs that you linked me.

I forgot to say that I'm using Clover UEFI. Am I missing something else?
What kind of information about my hardware am I missing?

I also read the part about "problem reporting", but, as I said, I cant't manage to access the EFI partition of my bootable High Sierra pendrive. I don't know why. I can't use have a real Mac (or a hackintosh) in my hands before tomorrow or the day after. I've put all I have (the boot photo, as the faq says).

I'm a newbie. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I can't figure what. I've spent days reading this and other forums, but without success. Could you or whoever wants please help me?

Thank you in advance.

Your profile is missing screen resolution.
And you didn't attach EFI/Clover as per FAQ, "Problem Reporting".

I can assure you that I've put my screen resolution in my profile details. I have a 15" 10920x1080, by the way.
I even tried some of your config.plist files on github. I checked bios (uefi) options many times.

And, again, I cannot access my EFI partition of my bootable pendrive. I also did the F2 + F4 method (and Fn+F2 and then Fn+F4), but if I can't access the EFI partition I can't take those files. I don't have a Mac or a Hackintosh with me. All I have is that bootable pendrive, so there are no other places where I can access EFI files and/or config.plist. If there are some methods that I'm missing to access that partition or to obtains those files, please explain to me and I will be happy to do it. I don't want to waste your time, trust me. All that I can show to you is that photo. Is there anything that we can understand from that and from the informations that I wrote? If no, ok. Tell me and I will sleep like a baby.

Dude, I'm sure you're tired of answering the same questions everyday, but you're not paying attention to what I'm writing either.

Screenshot from 2018-10-29 22-48-44.png

I can assure you that I've put my screen resolution in my profile details. I have a 15" 10920x1080, by the way.
I even tried some of your config.plist files on github. I checked bios (uefi) options many times.

And, again, I cannot access my EFI partition of my bootable pendrive. I also did the F2 + F4 method (and Fn+F2 and then Fn+F4), but if I can't access the EFI partition I can't take those files. I don't have a Mac or a Hackintosh with me. All I have is that bootable pendrive, so there are no other places where I can access EFI files and/or config.plist. If there are some methods that I'm missing to access that partition or to obtains those files, please explain to me and I will be happy to do it. I don't want to waste your time, trust me. All that I can show to you is that photo. Is there anything that we can understand from that and from the informations that I wrote? If no, ok. Tell me and I will sleep like a baby.

Dude, I'm sure you're tired of answering the same questions everyday, but you're not paying attention to what I'm writing either.

View attachment 361389
as per faq, it does't belong in "other hardware"
how did you create your usb pen drive without a mac?

Thank you, Feartech. I corrected my profile details.
I created it with a Mac (my girlfriend's one), but I don't have it with me right now. I won't have it until tomorrow or the day after.
As I mentioned in the first post, I followed one of this forum's guides and I created the bootable pendrive with Unibeast (which returned success at the end of the process) and I dragged and dropped Multibeast inside of it.

EDIT:
As I said, I tried countless things. The only one that I'm sure I didn't try is the USB 2.0 option, because I don't have a USB 2.0 pendrive or a USB 2.0 hub. I promise I will manage to have one or the other if you think that it's worth the shot.

Thank you, Feartech. I corrected my profile details.
I created it with a Mac (my girlfriend's one), but I don't have it with me right now. I won't have it until tomorrow or the day after.
As I mentioned in the first post, I followed one of this forum's guides and I created the bootable pendrive with Unibeast (which returned success at the end of the process) and I dragged and dropped Multibeast inside of it.

EDIT:
As I said, I tried countless things. The only one that I'm sure I didn't try is the USB 2.0 option, because I don't have a USB 2.0 pendrive or a USB 2.0 hub. I promise I will manage to have one or the other if you think that it's worth the shot.
best to use a usb2.0 stick

also the laptop guide doesn't use unibeast or multibeast (they are for desktops mainly)

Ok, we finally found where I was wrong.

Thank you, guys. I will try to follow the correct guide and I will use a USB 2.0 stick if the 3.0 one won't work.
I will let you know.

Have a nice day ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back