Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 15 L501X Waste of Money & Time ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i have a dell xps 15 l501x, i7-740qm, with ML 10.8.5.
I think that speedstep isn't enabled, how can i enable?

Hi, i have a dell xps 15 l501x, i7-740qm, with ML 10.8.5.
I think that speedstep isn't enabled, how can i enable?

I would make sure you're not using NullCPUPowerManagement (search for null in IORegistryExplorer), and that you have GenerateCStates=Yes GeneratePStates=Yes.

I don't think there is a way to test it like we can on Sandy and better (MSRDumper.kext, DPCIManager.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext).

i don't have NullCPUPowerManagement, i've installed hwmonitor and the temperature of all core are 80 - 86 without doing heavy work... I don't know what to do to resolve the problem

I tried to install with your steps, but still stuck on the 3rd step. When i try to perform the installation, it suddenly stops at com_lnx2mac_RealtekTRL81xx: Ethernet adress xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
I only use the GraphicsEnabler=No
My dell is an i5 with nVidia 420M

Any suggestion? Thanks

hi all... i am also having the same problem as this person above.... did anyone else have the same problem and fixed it.... pls help thx :|

Also, before that I get a AGPM controller -unknown platform error... i looked around and it seems the agpm .kext needs to be editted... any idea as to how to go about doing it...?

Thank you, i've uploaded all you have requested

Attachments

• l501x_msg.zip
    419.6 KB · Views: 102
Thank you, i've uploaded all you have requested

I don't have any first hand experience with gen1 Core i-series... but...

Here are some suggestions and observations:
- One of the system definitions from the MacBookPro6,x family might be more appropriate for a laptop than MacPro3,1
- You should try adding DropSSDT=Yes in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist
- You have a _DSM injection for the LPC device (native 8086:3b0b), injecting 8086:3b02, yet AppleLPC is not loading. It should be loading, check that AppleLPC.kext is intact (from bdmesg output, there is no binary, just an Info.plist)
- You have an AR9280 WiFi patch in your DSDT even though you're using BCM43xx?
- Also a WiFi patch for Intel WiFi link 1000?

I don't have any first hand experience with gen1 Core i-series... but...

Here are some suggestions and observations:
- One of the system definitions from the MacBookPro6,x family might be more appropriate for a laptop than MacPro3,1
- You should try adding DropSSDT=Yes in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist
- You have a _DSM injection for the LPC device (native 8086:3b0b), injecting 8086:3b02, yet AppleLPC is not loading. It should be loading, check that AppleLPC.kext is intact (from bdmesg output, there is no binary, just an Info.plist)
- You have an AR9280 WiFi patch in your DSDT even though you're using BCM43xx?
- Also a WiFi patch for Intel WiFi link 1000?

Thanks, i'll try, i don't know why there is an ar9280 patch but bcm43xx work, intel doesn't work but i don't care

Thanks, i'll try, i don't know why there is an ar9280 patch but bcm43xx work, intel doesn't work but i don't care

You might want to eliminate them from your DSDT. They could be causing drivers to load, and at least enter their 'probe' function (only to bail when they can't initialize the hardware).

I think the dsdt you're using is from one of my driver package and I'm using ar9280.

If you update to 10.8.5, your turbo boost probably doesn't work unless you boot the osx with the speedstep disabled in the BIOS first and then restart the osx with the speedstep enabled again.

BTW, the speedstep should be always working fine at 10.x.x on the L501X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back