Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 15 L501X Waste of Money & Time ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the dsdt you're using is from one of my driver package and I'm using ar9280.

If you update to 10.8.5, your turbo boost probably doesn't work unless you boot the osx with the speedstep disabled in the BIOS first and then restart the osx with the speedstep enabled again.

BTW, the speedstep should be always working fine at 10.x.x on the L501X.

Yes probably i have a dsdt from your previous post, i've ordered an Atheros AR5BHB9 and today is arrived, can i use broadcom and atheros together or i have to choose one? I have to recompile or edit my dsdt? Could you please post your (we have same model)?
Thank you

Yes probably i have a dsdt from your previous post, i've ordered an Atheros AR5BHB9 and today is arrived, can i use broadcom and atheros together or i have to choose one? I have to recompile or edit my dsdt? Could you please post your (we have same model)?
Thank you

Choose the one you like :)

Here is my new files for L501X with some new updates:

Attachments

• Dell XPS 15 L501X for Mountain Lion.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 123
But the group of wires can be used for only one wifi card.

On my board i have one mini pci-express slot empty, and i've put there the broadcom, and now instead of intel wifi 1000 there si the atheros...

I don't know if mac let me use both or not

On my board i have one mini pci-express slot empty, and i've put there the broadcom, and now instead of intel wifi 1000 there si the atheros...

I don't know if mac let me use both or not

Just have a try.

Just have a try.

Hi! I've installed your file and they works perfectly!
How much have you worked with dsdt?

I'm a novice with hackintosh but i hope to learn how to make things work with kext, dsdt, etc...

Thank you so much!

Hi! I've installed your file and they works perfectly!
How much have you worked with dsdt?

I'm a novice with hackintosh but i hope to learn how to make things work with kext, dsdt, etc...

Thank you so much!

You can compare the dsdt with the original one. I don't want to talk more about the dsdt which is not so easy for me because I'm not a native English speaker :)

Anyone have tryed to upgrade to Mavericks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back