Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 15 L501X Waste of Money & Time ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey

I've got a Dell XPS L501X, but not same CPU and GPU then you.
I managed to get Snow Leopard 10.6.5 with the iBoot + MultiBeast method, but I can run it only in 32bit mode.
With the last Nvidia update from tony, my 435M works OK, not sure if it's really stable.
Wifi is not working at all.
Concerning the LAN I used the Lnx2Mac Realted RTL 81XX kext, and for sound the last VoodooHDA. The USB3.0 works great with the kext in MultiBeast.
And I did not try the webcam and the card reader yet.

And to be able to start the installation of Mac OS X, I used the last version of iBoot and -x mode.

hi gpz22 now i'm using windows because I'm looking (in forum) help for dsdt
I extract dsdt file in windows by everest http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1604878 I think is important for a good installation in laptop
I dont tried retail, you force run in flag i386?why dont run in 64 bit?u tried flag busratio?in my cpu i5 is busratio=21 I dont know in i7 bye

Yeah I start mac with the flags : arch=i386 -x32

It's still quite recent so I haven't done so much research for my 64bits issue. But yes I tried a couple of busratio and -x mode but there was always a problem with AppleRTC driver (can't load it).

I didn't know about the DSDT extraction, I will check on that.

I got my DSDT.file, and I managed to compile it after few errors corrrections. But I'm still not able to boot in 64 bits. It still cannot load AppleRTC.

I have to optimize it I think.

how u compile it?do you compile it for video too?try my dsdt.aml compile by a guy in insanelymac is without video but maybe u can boot in 64.what do u think about wifi intel n 1000?

Attachments

• dsdt..zip
    16.6 KB · Views: 154
I use iASLMe. Hum I think, I'm a beginner on DSDT. I got my DSDT.dsl with linux and compile it entirely.

I tried your DSDT, always same problem with AppleRTC. But I notice something, I deleted LegacyAppleRTC.kext from my E/E folder, and when I tried to boot in 64 bits I got a kernel panic about IOACPI. Do you think that kext is essential ?

What do you mean about the wifi ? If I think, we will be able to use it under Mac ?
I don't know. Maybe one day ^^

Edit : In fact I checked the problem was LegacyAppleRTC it was 32bit only kext. And I'm able to get through the kernel panic I had, with your DSDT =)

this week I'll try a new installation with a retail.I don't know about LegacyAppleRTC.kext maybe we can get wifi with USB dongle :D
the problem with my dsdt.aml can be because is for i5 cpu
stay in contact for news. ty bye

Hi!

I have a very similar model to yours:

CPU: Intel i5 560M
Main board: Intel HM57 (Dell l501x) BIOS version A04
RAM: 4GB DDR3
Sound card: Realtek ALC665
Video Card: Intel HD + Nvidia Gefore 420M 1GB with optimus
Wifi card: Intel Wireless N 1000

Can I use your dsdt.aml? I used DSDT editor in windows to get it, but I don't really know what to do with it. Which pathces should I include? I always failed to install SL retail, I tried everything except 32bit mode. How can I include DSDT.aml in the installation process? Should I modify the preboot.dmg in the iBoot cd image? or just add it to the image file?

Thx!
Tom

Dear gpz22
I'm also interested in 64 bit but am unsuccessful so far with the dsdt editing. Would really appreciate it if I could have a look at your .aml coz I have the same laptop
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back