Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 15 L501X Waste of Money & Time ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !

I have recently installed from scratch my hac running on mavericks using the dsdt and kext by whitegerry (and only those).
First, thanks for all the help. This community is great and helped me a lot.

But I am having a problem with my battery. I have the 9 cell battery, in a great condition (under windows I have close to 5hr of working time) but under OSX it gets depleted in under 50 minutes...

inside SLE I have VoodoBattery.kext and AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext

Can anyone help me fixing it?

Thanks!

Anyone have tryed to upgrade to Mavericks?

Dell XPS15 L501X for Mavericks ( for Core i7 740Q + GeForce GT 435M 2G )

Attachments

• Dell XPS15 L501X for Mavericks.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 180

Do you need to make a fresh installation or you can update from the appstore and just boot from usb and actualise dsdt and the other files using tonymac tools?

Thanks Whitegerry for your files. You make our lives easier.

Do you need to make a fresh installation or you can update from the appstore and just boot from usb and actualise dsdt and the other files using tonymac tools?

Thanks Whitegerry for your files. You make our lives easier.

I prefer to make a fresh installation using clover to boot from external hard disk, no need to change anything.

Anyone have experienced cmos reset after sleep? And there is a way to "refresh" the touchpad after sleep? Because after sleep the touchpad doesn't work

there is a way to "refresh" the touchpad after sleep? Because after sleep the touchpad doesn't work

Any luck with that ?

@whitegerry, can i use your files for 10.8.X also how to use "Dell XPS15 X-Rite.icm & Dell XPS15 Spyder3Elite.icm"?

Any success with Yosemite for this model? I can't get my internal trackpad/keyboard get to working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back