Contribute
Register

Dell Vostro 5470

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehab,

I'm using Chameleon as boot loader. The screen capture is attached.
Kindly advise, thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Capture.jpg
    Screen Capture.jpg
    838.8 KB · Views: 236
Hi ReHab,

Please see screen capture, the flags u advised still unable to boot from the HD.
In addition, from the link, have tried the InjectIntel-ig flag with all the values doing trial & error still has the same result.

Please advise. thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Capture.jpg
    Screen Capture.jpg
    924.7 KB · Views: 197
Hi ReHab,

Please see screen capture, the flags u advised still unable to boot from the HD.
In addition, from the link, have tried the InjectIntel-ig flag with all the values doing trial & error still has the same result.

Please advise. thanks.

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

after many try of installing Yosemite on Dell Vostro 5470, I would suggest using Clover as the boot loader. I have success installation by following this guide
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

The important post installation is to follow this guide by RehabMan
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

I also copy config.plist, kext from USB created above to the local EFI.

After that will be DSDT editing for Battery Status, Backlight, Sound by following the earlier post on this thread. (I extracted my DSDT from UBUNTU USB, don't forget to get all SSDT which also in dynamic folder and disassemble it all at once, also update IASL in MacIasl before compile.) Big Thanks to RehabMan.

IMessage, Continuity, HandOff are my headace right now.

after many try of installing Yosemite on Dell Vostro 5470, I would suggest using Clover as the boot loader. I have success installation by following this guide
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

The important post installation is to follow this guide by RehabMan
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

I also copy config.plist, kext from USB created above to the local EFI.

After that will be DSDT editing for Battery Status, Backlight, Sound by following the earlier post on this thread. (I extracted my DSDT from UBUNTU USB, don't forget to get all SSDT which also in dynamic folder and disassemble it all at once, also update IASL in MacIasl before compile.) Big Thanks to RehabMan.

IMessage, Continuity, HandOff are my headace right now.

Please note that you do not have to patch the kernel on-disk when using Clover. Just use config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelPm=true.

Hi ReHab,

Thanks for pointing it out. I have managed to to get it to boot from HDD now.

BTW, don't think Clover is easier as I did tried both. After alot of experimenting & reading & seeking advises, I do said Chameleon offer the easiest and fastest way to get it working. For my case, need to boot with the correct boot flag of "GraphicsEnabler=No, MaxMem=4096" in USB stick and patch the kernel for Haswell CPU both on the USB & HDD. No bootup flag needed from HDD. That's all to get a working copy of Yosemite on Vostro 5470 :).

Now I'm experimenting to do multi-boot on
1) OS X on mSATA, W8 on SSD
2) W8 on mSATA, OS X on SSD
3) OS X, W8 on same SSD

Think for pt 2 quite promising as almost able to get it working soon. Will need more exploring for pt 1 & 3.
Anyone has used rEFlt or rEFind for multiboot ? as the multiboot describe in the forum using OS X Disk Utility don't work as after setting the Windows partition format to "FAT32", during W8 installation, it complain don't support or some imitation on this partition and refuse to install on the FAT32 partition.

Care to share experiences that work.. Thanks.

Hi ReHab,

Thanks for pointing it out. I have managed to to get it to boot from HDD now.

BTW, don't think Clover is easier as I did tried both. After alot of experimenting & reading & seeking advises, I do said Chameleon offer the easiest and fastest way to get it working. For my case, need to boot with the correct boot flag of "GraphicsEnabler=No, MaxMem=4096" in USB stick and patch the kernel for Haswell CPU both on the USB & HDD. No bootup flag needed from HDD. That's all to get a working copy of Yosemite on Vostro 5470 :).

Now I'm experimenting to do multi-boot on
1) OS X on mSATA, W8 on SSD
2) W8 on mSATA, OS X on SSD
3) OS X, W8 on same SSD

Think for pt 2 quite promising as almost able to get it working soon. Will need more exploring for pt 1 & 3.
Anyone has used rEFlt or rEFind for multiboot ? as the multiboot describe in the forum using OS X Disk Utility don't work as after setting the Windows partition format to "FAT32", during W8 installation, it complain don't support or some imitation on this partition and refuse to install on the FAT32 partition.

Care to share experiences that work.. Thanks.

Read the sticky threads here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/

Note: MaxMem is not a valid bootflag.

Clover is recommended instead of rEFIt/rEFIind.

Hi @Rehab

So, I have this Dell Vostro 5470 - i7-4510U - 8GB DDR3

first, I am having this problem as everybody is, I can't turn off my notebook from yosemite. I can "turn off" if I go to Terminal and type //sudo reboot//. I was hoping if you could help us to fix that, I am actually with my back unscrewed because overtime I have to take off my battery and cmos plugs. We'd all appreciate that.

second, I've been trying to use DSDT and stuff, and I'm actually new to these stuffs, so i hope you could help me here. I've dumped my DSDT from Linux, using acpidump (all ssdt's too). When I try to compile with the MaciASL, it gets me like 56 errors, and i don't know how to fix all of them. I tried DSDT Editor and the magical button *fix errors* with no success.

Here is my dsdt.dsl file so you could take a look if you could.
Thank you very much for your help.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42391564407125747418

**Sorry for the exterior upload link, the forum wouldn't let me upload it**

@rehab

I've installed with Unibeast USB Installer. Installed Windows First, then Yosemite. Used Clover UEFI to dual-boot both.
I can only boot with Chimera if i use -f flag, don't know why.

I've tried AppleRTC and same thing, my computer can't turn off. just using that *sudo reboot* I said.

I patched the DSDT, and now there are No errors. thanks about that.
Now what I have to do is? Sorry for being such an amateur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back