Contribute
Register

Dell Vostro 5470

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system has 4GB ram but it used 3.6 ~ 3.9 GB. App used > 2GB Ram :(

My system has 4GB ram but it used 3.6 ~ 3.9 GB. App used > 2GB Ram :(

That's good. You're using the RAM you have for good purposes. Modern systems operate on the assumption that using RAM is good, leaving large portions of RAM unused is bad.

ryuzakj, as is the operation in vostro? what is not working? could make us a guide for the installation? how many questions not? kkk

I will make a guide when my system stable. Now I can't shutdown system. If shutdown, it made my mainboard can't boot. I reboot to windows then shutdown.

@Rehab: When I change speed of mouse touchpad, my system reboot suddenly. The touchpad work ok with Elan kext. I don't know why!

I will make a guide when my system stable. Now I can't shutdown system. If shutdown, it made my mainboard can't boot. I reboot to windows then shutdown.

@Rehab: When I change speed of mouse touchpad, my system reboot suddenly. The touchpad work ok with Elan kext. I don't know why!

I don't know anything about the ELAN kext. You should contact the author with issues...

ryozakj I been having the same shutdown problem. I have leave back cover unscrewed for a while now, kind of sad ha?

I don't have Windows install yet, so when I want to shutdown Yosemite, I will do "Restart instead then when system reboot with DELL logo I just push power button once to shut it down. Hope this will help.

I don't want you to give up on this shutdown problem, I use to have a lucky week that I never had to reset the BIOS before. But after I reinstalled Yosemite then the problem is back. So I believe that we still have chances to fix it.

Last edited:
Hiim / ryuzakj, how are you doing to pass the installer?
I tried in some ways, but without success.
I created a penboot in Unibest and put the flags: IntelAzulFB = 12 GraphicsEnabler = Y = 0 dart -v -f, and it hangs in the apple screen with some writings.
I created another penboot in disk utility and put the clover with -v it hangs with error: missing bluetooth controller transport!

Hiim / ryuzakj, how are you doing to pass the installer?
I tried in some ways, but without success.
I created a penboot in Unibest and put the flags: IntelAzulFB = 12 GraphicsEnabler = Y = 0 dart -v -f, and it hangs in the apple screen with some writings.
I created another penboot in disk utility and put the clover with -v it hangs with error: missing bluetooth controller transport!

Unibeast uses Chimera. Chimera does not implement IntelAzulFB.

You should probably read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...aller-laptops-unibeast-chimera-chameleon.html

Hi, I have managed to install Yosemite into the laptop using chameleon. However, for the post installation tasks which I followed, the laptop unable to bootup directly from the HD.

Will always failed with the following error and just hang there.

[IOBluetoothHCIController]ProcessBluetoothTransportShowsUpActionWL] -- Error!! -- Something went wrong in the setup process. Could not communicate with Bluetooth Transport successfully -- 0xa800 -- 0x888 ***

Take note that I have installed Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 plus bluetooth from the original. However if I load chameleon from the USB Yosemite install stick first before booting into the HD, its able to boot up Yosemite properly. Hence need some help to resolve this ? kindly advise please.

In addition, is there a guide on where and how to get the relevant drivers/kexts for this laptop as well.

Hi, I have managed to install Yosemite into the laptop using chameleon. However, for the post installation tasks which I followed, the laptop unable to bootup directly from the HD.

Will always failed with the following error and just hang there.

[IOBluetoothHCIController]ProcessBluetoothTransportShowsUpActionWL] -- Error!! -- Something went wrong in the setup process. Could not communicate with Bluetooth Transport successfully -- 0xa800 -- 0x888 ***

Take note that I have installed Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 plus bluetooth from the original. However if I load chameleon from the USB Yosemite install stick first before booting into the HD, its able to boot up Yosemite properly. Hence need some help to resolve this ? kindly advise please.

In addition, is there a guide on where and how to get the relevant drivers/kexts for this laptop as well.

Which bootloader did you install? What boot flags are you using?

Boot verbose and show photo of the entire screen. The last message displays is almost never the most important. The bluetooth error you have will not prevent boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back