Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 7020/9020 using OpenCore + Intel HD4600 or AMD graphics

If you want new ram then go with a Timetec kit. Either 8GB or 16GB.

Thanks, will still check the store back tomorrow as he has tons of RAM piled, in search of 1600MHz DDR3 1.5v. He wants to discount them to me for 10 bucks the 4gb stick, it's too good an opportunity to pass if the right RAM is buried in the lot.

Step 2. Generate your SystemUUID and add it to the config.plist --- More Info

For some reason this redirect to post 1 of the thread (same post). Could you fix it? Thank you :)

Could you fix it? Thank you
Sure, link fixed. Glad to see someone is reading my guides and following all the fine details.

Last edited:
I received the 9020 tonight. Just spent some leisure time installing windows 10, upgrading the SSD firmware and updating the Bios. Mine was 14. There is absolutely no dust inside, and there's only one slight scratch on the case. It's basically brand new. The power cord was brand new, still came with the attached plastic thing that is found in brand new computer buy. I'm wondering if this was ever used at all, it's from 2014.
I'm next going to follow all the guide steps, cooly, a day a step at the time. Why rush when you can concentrate and do each step right.
BTW in more recent Optiplex, it looks to me the sticker inside with 1 is yellow instead of white. That is the case with mine, and I saw some other on ebay with yellow stickers.

Last edited:
That's weird, I'm at step two, I got OCAT for Windows from the link, unzipped all the files, but cannot find OCAuxiliaryTools app launcher anywhere in the package. I'm under Win11.

That's weird, I'm at step two, I got OCAT for Windows from the link, unzipped all the files, but cannot find OCAuxiliaryTools app launcher anywhere in the package. I'm under Win11.
Screenshot 2022-08-04 110742.jpg

Whoops, yes thank you.

it looks to me the sticker inside with 1 is yellow instead of white. That is the case with mine, and I saw some other on ebay with yellow stickers.
Not sure what the yellow color means, if anything. Every one I've bought has been white. I doubt that the color makes any difference. It just makes it more visible. The number matters most. Here's a pic I found online of a "3" ME disabled status.

Attachments

• 1659611376580.jpeg
    1659611376580.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back