Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 7020/9020 using OpenCore + Intel HD4600 or AMD graphics

All this thanks to this site and guides! Tip of the hat!

Here's pics of the unit on it's way to me. 129 bucks + 8 bucks shipping! I've got new lithium batteries ready, and can't wait to get it home before I curate Win10 on it, then Win11, then consider tweaking it to Monterey, after changing the thermal paste on the processor!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 35
  • s-l1600-1.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Will do then the paste and 99% isopropyl alcohol get home, as I don't have them right now. Damn, here the 99% is about 15 bucks a liter.

Last edited:
When in Europe, the links redirects to local Amazon and results are lost. The first link directs me to Hansaplast 70% alcohol to disinfects wounds. Is that correct?

The first link directs me to Hansaplast 70% alcohol to disinfects wounds.
Yes, 70% will substitute for the 99%. Just make sure it is isopropyl and not methyl alcohol.

If you'd like, you can also buy these 70% medical swabs instead.

The whole purpose of removing the old paste is to make the new application work better. The 99% IPA is the cleanest solution as it leaves 0 residue. The 70% works well too, it's just not as pure.

Last edited:
Thank you. Will this RAM work in the Dell 9020? I'm offered it for really cheap by a local seller.

Corsair Dominator RAM

Last edited:
Thank you. Will this RAM work in the Dell 9020? I'm offered it for really cheap by a local seller.

Corsair Dominator RAM
It's supposed to be 1.35v or 1.5v to meet Dell specs, so I wouldn't use it. Look for Samsung or Hynix ram on Ebay. 1600MHz DDR3 1.5v. You'll get very low prices there. Just make sure the seller accepts returns.

High-performance 4GB Dominator kit for dual channel systems, 1600MHz, 9-9-9-24, 1.65V

Last edited:
Back