Contribute
Register

Dell Latitude E5470

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that guide still working or is there a newer method?
Don't think I've ever seen such a well written disclaimer.

DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility for any bricking, system crashing, freezing, faults, damage or other issues that arise from this guide. Do this at your own risk. THIS PROCESS WILL MOST LIKELY VOID YOUR MANUFACTURER AND COMPUTER SELLERS/RETAILERS WARRANTY!!! Refer to your manufacturers’ terms and conditions on warranty as well as the store you purchased your computer from. Only proceed if you know YOUR WARRANTY IS NOW VOID and you don’t care about that. Note I cannot offer advice on how to unbrick your computer…………..

Yes, you probably right. I also read the Disclaimer and the also guide doesn't look so "easy" and "intuitiv" (for me). That's the reason I am asking... Do you have a better / "safer" alternative or any hint I have to search for?
Don't think I've ever seen such a well written disclaimer.

DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility for any bricking, system crashing, freezing, faults, damage or other issues that arise from this guide. Do this at your own risk. THIS PROCESS WILL MOST LIKELY VOID YOUR MANUFACTURER AND COMPUTER SELLERS/RETAILERS WARRANTY!!! Refer to your manufacturers’ terms and conditions on warranty as well as the store you purchased your computer from. Only proceed if you know YOUR WARRANTY IS NOW VOID and you don’t care about that. Note I cannot offer advice on how to unbrick your computer…………..

Okay, I make some progress! (hopefully)

I used a 16gb USB stick and a newer Clover Version (5144) (and the same kexts as before).

I startet "Install macOS Catalina" in normal mode and it seems to be working BUT then it stucks at "100%" also after one hour waiting.

I started it again in verbose mode and the code looks like this --> picture
I don't use clover anymore but if you look into using opencore I may be able to help

I don't use clover anymore but if you look into using opencore I may be able to help

okay, I followed a YouTube guide / the OpenCore guide (website).

I run LinuxMint via a USB on my (future hackintosh) to get more information about the Hardware.
I used "SSDTTimes.py" to create ssdt(..).aml files for my system. I just added the kexts and efi files as in the OC guide described and now I am preparing the config.plist.

Now I set the "DeviceProperties" and for me it looks a little as the part that is important (maybe the solution) for the problem I had before with the kernel panic / graphic (?).

But I stuck because I don't really know which keys and values I have to use.

for example:
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) --> layout id --> value (?)
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) --> device id --> value (?)

I have a lot of information about the hardware but I am not really able to pull the needed information out of that.

Attachments

• lspci.JPG
    lspci.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 51
  • config.plist(DP).jpg
    config.plist(DP).jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 53
  • system info.JPG
    system info.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 53
okay, I followed a YouTube guide / the OpenCore guide (website).

I run LinuxMint via a USB on my (future hackintosh) to get more information about the Hardware.
I used "SSDTTimes.py" to create ssdt(..).aml files for my system. I just added the kexts and efi files as in the OC guide described and now I am preparing the config.plist.

Now I set the "DeviceProperties" and for me it looks a little as the part that is important (maybe the solution) for the problem I had before with the kernel panic / graphic (?).

But I stuck because I don't really know which keys and values I have to use.

for example:
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) --> layout id --> value (?)
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) --> device id --> value (?)

I have a lot of information about the hardware but I am not really able to pull the needed information out of that.
the guide is here:
it is already setup for a skylake system

So I just have to copy your EFI Folder and change the config.plist?
Or do I have to change the SSDTs and the Kexts, too?
I am asking because copying EFI folders worked not that good in the past (little learning progress).

But in theory: when I copy the EFI, I just have to change:

AAPL,ig-platform-id
device-id
model

and because it is Dell I set:
CustomSMBIOSGuid -> true
UpdateSMBIOSMode -> custom

and use "MacBookPro13,1" to generate a serial key

is that right?

So I just have to copy your EFI Folder and change the config.plist?
Or do I have to change the SSDTs and the Kexts, too?
I am asking because copying EFI folders worked not that good in the past (little learning progress).

But in theory: when I copy the EFI, I just have to change:

AAPL,ig-platform-id
device-id
model

and because it is Dell I set:
CustomSMBIOSGuid -> true
UpdateSMBIOSMode -> custom

and use "MacBookPro13,1" to generate a serial key

is that right?
if you look at the files, you will see that:
AAPL,ig-platform-id
device-id
model
and MacBookPro13,1 is already setup

Okay, I did so.

I also added the missing lilu.kext and virtualsmc.kext and then in it worked until the same error was shown as yesterday in Clover. So here we are again:

What's my opportunities to change the graphic memory via OpenCore?

Attachments

• IMG_7580.PNG
    IMG_7580.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
Okay, I did so.

I also added the missing lilu.kext and virtualsmc.kext and then in it worked until the same error was shown as yesterday in Clover. So here we are again:

What's my opportunities to change the graphic memory via OpenCore?
graphics issue

set DVMT to 64MB in bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back