Contribute
Register

Dell Latitude 3440 Sleep followed by Instant Wake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Latitude 3440
CPU
Intel 4210U
Graphics
HD 4600 & nVidia GeForce 740m
Hello Everyone,
I own a Dell Latitude 3440, 4210U. I installed El Capitan(10.11) with a lot of effort and the help of these forums. I got almost everything working on my Rig(except wireless card(intel centrino n 7260) I am using tpl-w725n wireless usb for that since The other card that is supported on my laptop is Dell Wireless 1705 but that's also unsupported on macs(may be)). Special thanks to Rehab's patch for Dell keyboards which which I was able to enable back backlight control.

I am running clover in Dual boot with Windows 10, The windows was the first OS, followed by the OSX the next day.

The only problem I am currently facing is that the Sleep is not quite working properly, from everywhere
1. Apple => sleep
2. Lid down (display goes black)
3. sleep time outs.

All of these result in

1. Display goes black
2. 1-2 sec pause
3. Display comes back.

I also applied Rehab's patch for instant wake _PRW 0x6D, but the effect remained the same.
I also have native PowerManagement(After upgrading to 10.11.6 The battery constantly shows 20:00 remaining).

without -gux_usb_2 flag the integrated camera wont even show on in hack.(I am not using GenericXHC Kext).
USB 3.0 ports are working quite well on my laptop(There are 2 Intel 3.0 ports.).

P.S. El Capitan is my first Hack on this laptop. And it was installed purely from scratch and vanilla build.

..Some of my Observations..

There is No Wake Reason in Console.app So I think the laptop is not even going to sleep.

After digging for a little while I came to know that the PowerButton on my laptop is inside an infinite loop.

I strongly suspect that this is the issue with the instant wake and I want to correct it. Any leads/hints you might give me.

The way I know its the power key is because.. I tried pressing and holding Ctrl key and after a moment got the Shutdown dialog.
which is mapped to Ctrl+PowerButton.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 145
  • IOReg.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
Hello Everyone,
I own a Dell Latitude 3440, 4210U. I installed El Capitan(10.11) with a lot of effort and the help of these forums. I got almost everything working on my Rig(except wireless card(intel centrino n 7260) I am using tpl-w725n wireless usb for that since The other card that is supported on my laptop is Dell Wireless 1705 but that's also unsupported on macs(may be)). Special thanks to Rehab's patch for Dell keyboards which which I was able to enable back backlight control.

I am running clover in Dual boot with Windows 10, The windows was the first OS, followed by the OSX the next day.

The only problem I am currently facing is that the Sleep is not quite working properly, from everywhere
1. Apple => sleep
2. Lid down (display goes black)
3. sleep time outs.

All of these result in

1. Display goes black
2. 1-2 sec pause
3. Display comes back.

I also applied Rehab's patch for instant wake _PRW 0x6D, but the effect remained the same.
I also have native PowerManagement(After upgrading to 10.11.6 The battery constantly shows 20:00 remaining).

without -gux_usb_2 flag the integrated camera wont even show on in hack.(I am not using GenericXHC Kext).
USB 3.0 ports are working quite well on my laptop(There are 2 Intel 3.0 ports.).

P.S. El Capitan is my first Hack on this laptop. And it was installed purely from scratch and vanilla build.

..Some of my Observations..

There is No Wake Reason in Console.app So I think the laptop is not even going to sleep.

After digging for a little while I came to know that the PowerButton on my laptop is inside an infinite loop.

I strongly suspect that this is the issue with the instant wake and I want to correct it. Any leads/hints you might give me.

The way I know its the power key is because.. I tried pressing and holding Ctrl key and after a moment got the Shutdown dialog.
which is mapped to Ctrl+PowerButton.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

All the Requested files with the correct app.

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    467.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 6.04.14 am.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 6.04.14 am.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 6.06.10 am.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 6.06.10 am.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 117
  • EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
USB WiFi not recommended. It tends to cause sleep issues....

Due to USB WiFi showing in ioreg, I didn't look at anything else.

Well the sleep is like this even before I bought this USB Adapter. The sleep is also the same with or without the adapter.

P.S.
(except wireless card(intel centrino n 7260) I am using tpl-w725n wireless usb for that since The other card that is supported on my laptop is Dell Wireless 1705 but that's also unsupported on macs(may be)).

Attachments

• Mubashir_IOReg.zip
    460.4 KB · Views: 110
Well the sleep is like this even before I bought this USB Adapter. The sleep is also the same with or without the adapter.

Read post #4 regarding your incorrect ACPI setup.

Read post #4 regarding your incorrect ACPI setup.

I have applied your "Brightness control" Patch and I am using IntelBacklight kext. The sleep still has the same behaviour.

What do you exactly mean by
Incorrect ACPI setup.
I mean any particular thing you want me to look at?

PFA: updated ACPI with brightness control.

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    95.5 KB · Views: 98
I have applied your "Brightness control" Patch and I am using IntelBacklight kext. The sleep still has the same behaviour.

What do you exactly mean by

I mean any particular thing you want me to look at?

PFA: updated ACPI with brightness control.

Read post #4. It was very specific about the files that should be in ACPI/patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back