Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 15r: Unibeast boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he's using iBoot to install SL as part of the process for installing Lion. Of course, I could be wrong... In which case... DOH!

No haha. I have tried both methods ( Unibeast for Lion, and iBoot for Snow Leopard ) to try to install mac software on my computer. As I said in my initial post, I have not had luck with either method, but I have not been using iBoot as part of the Unibeast process to install Lion. I was asking about the 4gb ram because I know it is recommended for the iBoot process, and I was wondering if it is required for the unibeast method too ( I didn't think it was ).

Edit: Do you think the ram could be the reason the iBoot method wasn't working? ( my computer kept freezing after I would switch out the iBoot dvd with the Snow Leopard one and hit f5)

I could not get Iboot to work with Leopard. After I get the bootscreen, I switched the DVD, and WAITED 30 seconds. (if you do it right away, you're SOL)
then I hit F5, but in my cause it updated automaticly. When Leopard booted, I got an KP instantly, no matter what boot options I tried, so I gave up

Well I should like to get at least that far. I definitely waited 30 seconds before hitting f5, so as to let the dvd load first.

A just to be clear, the drive is formatted as MBR and not GUID?

Mbr is master boot record right? If so then yes.

it needs to be GUID

really? I thought that all of the tutorials set to set up the usb drive as a master boot record. I mean, I can try it as a GUID, but I don't remember anything ever saying that.

Think we are mixing 2 things here now..

If you are trying to boot and get to the install screen, then it doesn't matter if it's MBR or GUID yet.
That's what you we're trying to do right?

I can't think of anything else right now :( sorry

yeah. If I could just get to the install screen that would be an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back