Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 15r: Unibeast boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
try this :)

UseKernalCache=No restart -f

okay i tried that, and the same thing still happens. In verbose mode, it reads the same problem but with UseKernelCache=No added at the end, like so:

Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args: boot-uu1d=6AD501CD-4DCE-37P2-9CD7 . . . . . PCIRootUID=1 UseKernelCache=1

I've uploaded at photo of the last frame before it restarts, in case anyone can make out what some of the blurry parts say and in case they are important.

Also, I don't know if this applies or not, but for the iBoot method I know that you're not supposed to have more than 4gb ram in the computer while installing mac software for the first time. I currently have 6gb in my, as that's how it came in the mail. This couldn't be the problem with unibeast on my computer could it. I have been hesitant to test it out because from what I've researched my gray screen flicker/restart hasn't happened to other people using more than 4gb ram (and I also haven't wanted to open my laptop up and figure out how to remove ram).

Attachments

• textfree_797253230.jpg
    textfree_797253230.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 385
ok, dumb question... Does your Laptop processor support Vt-x ? Cause that's what you need.
Tell me what laptop / processor it is. (Otherwise update your profle, that makes it easier for us :) )
Other wise look to see what's in the Chameleon file thats on your USB stick.

Not sure but it's either Yes or No. Don't think you can have 1 for that.
Did you try PCIRootUID=0 as well?

Another question: Is your drive MBR or GUID? It should be MBR.

Alright I just updated my specs to my profile. Also, I just checked the Intel website to make sure that my processor is supported for vt-x. All of this is pretty new to me, but luckily it says my processor is supported. I did try the PCIRootUID=0 after I had tried PCIRootUID=1. And I'm not sure what you mean by the Chimera file that's on my USB stick.

nvm about that other file lol.

Did you check in your BIOS if Virtualization is enabled ? By default it's disabled. It needs to be Enabled, otherwise it will not work.

It's rebooting for you at the part where it's switches to the graphical mode. Just a wild guess
If it's not then turn it on and see if that does the trick.

if that's not it.
try cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -f -x
Note: It's Case Sensitive.. (Learned my lesson with that one lol )

virtualization was set to enabled on my bios. ill try those boot flags together and let you know how it goes.

Also, I don't know if this applies or not, but for the iBoot method I know that you're not supposed to have more than 4gb ram in the computer while installing mac software for the first time. I currently have 6gb in my, as that's how it came in the mail. This couldn't be the problem with unibeast on my computer could it. I have been hesitant to test it out because from what I've researched my gray screen flicker/restart hasn't happened to other people using more than 4gb ram (and I also haven't wanted to open my laptop up and figure out how to remove ram). [/COLOR]

Yes, this could very well be the problem.

For Lion you don't use Iboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back