Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I cannot get past the Unibeast boot screen. When I select my usb drive from the boot screen, the screen shows the gray Apple screen and logo for a fraction of a second before crashing and restarting my computer.

I tried using the verbose boot flag. It was kind of hard to tell what it said at the end because it crashed quickly, so I will skip the numbers I could not see clearly. the last two lines before it crashes read :

Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args: boot-uu1d=6AD501CD-4DCE-37P2-9CD7 . . . . . PCIRootUID=1

This led me to believe that maybe I had to use the boot flag PCIRootUID=0 or PCIRootUID=1, but neither worked.
I've also had no luck trying to install Snow Leopard via iBoot, as my computer always freezes after I replace the iBoot Dvd with the Snow Leopard Retail Dvd and press f5.

Im using the new Dell Inspiron 15r laptop with Intel HD Graphics 4000 and 3rd gen i5 3210 processor. Any help is greatly appreciated!

me too!!!

i have the same laptop and the same problems if someone can help us that will be perfect!!!

put in cpus=1

Okay I tried typing cpus=1, but to no avail. Also, I was under the impression that that command is generally for amd processors, so I wouldn't have to worry about that right?

Is not for AMD.

Try otherwiser Unibeast 1.4 instead of 1.5.

I can't get it to boot at all with 1.5, so I went back to 1,4

okay. i will try unibeast 1.4 in the morning. Oh, and is there any way to overwrite the unibeast lion usb with 1.4 or do i have to start over from scratch, re-downloading lion from the app store and all?

You don't have to re-download Lion. According to this: How to create an OS X Lion installation disc | MacFixIt - CNET Reviews

You should be able to copy the installer to another drive so you won't have to re-download.

Also, for that processor, cpus=2 busratio=25... that may help.

And creating a USB installer from the SL DVD may fix your freeze problem.

Okay I tried cpus=2 busratio=25 but that didn't work. I also tried using unibeast 1.4 instead of 1.5, but again, I keep getting the same problem where the gray apple screen and logo appear for the slightest instant before restarting my computer.

try adding -x -f

no luck with that either. Thanks for all of the suggestions so far though. I'd like to hope we are narrowing down the problem bit by bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back