Contribute
Register

dd'd Ubuntu installation's image back to HDD Clover legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said before, I think you will need to boot Ubuntu in UEFI mode from Clover.
You can try legacy boot though and see if you can get it to work... I never had any luck with it (booting Windows legacy) when using Clover legacy.
I've been trying to boot into a bootable USB I created using Rufus with "GPT scheme for UEFI" and Fat32(I've tried NTFS too) partition from Ubuntu 16.04 iso file. When I plug in my USB, it shows up with a Windows icon, pressing enter makes the screen black with just the windows logo in the middle and pressing any key takes back to Clover. Pressing space while that partition is highlighted takes to a new menu screen which only shows two options 1. Boot Windows 2. Return. Pressing boot windows also just shows the logo. Am I doing something wrong?

I've been trying to boot into a bootable USB I created using Rufus with "GPT scheme for UEFI" and Fat32(I've tried NTFS too) partition from Ubuntu 16.04 iso file. When I plug in my USB, it shows up with a Windows icon, pressing enter makes the screen black with just the windows logo in the middle and pressing any key takes back to Clover. Pressing space while that partition is highlighted takes to a new menu screen which only shows two options 1. Boot Windows 2. Return. Pressing boot windows also just shows the logo. Am I doing something wrong?

Make sure you're not trying to boot it in legacy mode from Clover. You should be booting BOOTX64.efi.

Make sure you're not trying to boot it in legacy mode from Clover. You should be booting BOOTX64.efi.
I see no option of booting BOOTX64.efi, the guides I've been looking at say I have to highlight the entry and press space which is supposed to magically show this efi file that I'll enter and it'll work, well pressing space shows a new menu but it doesn't have any such efi file

I see no option of booting BOOTX64.efi, the guides I've been looking at say I have to highlight the entry and press space which is supposed to magically show this efi file that I'll enter and it'll work, well pressing space shows a new menu but it doesn't have any such efi file

Then your media is probably not for UEFI.

I didn't get what you meant by this

If you can't boot it in UEFI mode, and Clover does not recognize any bootable EFI files on it, then clearly it was not created for UEFI booting.

If you can't boot it in UEFI mode, and Clover does not recognize any bootable EFI files on it, then clearly it was not created for UEFI booting.
Do I need to change any settings in Clover Legacy to make it recognise UEFI bootable media or it does so by default?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back