Contribute
Register

DC7900 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
no for this machine it is a geforce 8400gs and i installed the web drivers to see if that may help but now i have the acpi kernal panic again and -x -v does not want to work... again

Don't need nvidia web drivers for the 8400gs. The card just works with (inject nvidia set to true). Boot with nv-disable=1 and remove nvidia web drivers and add (inject nvidia) to config.plist.

Don't need nvidia web drivers for the 8400gs. The card just works with (inject nvidia set to true). Boot with nv-disable=1 and remove nvidia web drivers and add (inject nvidia) to config.plist.
that did it! and now i have full screen, i will use clover config to make sure the plist is setup correctly, what do i do about sound? and is it safe to update to 10.11.6?

that did it! and now i have full screen, i will use clover config to make sure the plist is setup correctly, what do i do about sound? and is it safe to update to 10.11.6?

For audio you will need to patch AppleHDA. You need to take a linux dump in order to patch AppleHDA. Or you could use VoodooHDA but its known to cause kernel panics. Maybe you will be better off with a USB Sound card.

For audio you will need to patch AppleHDA. You need to take a linux dump in order to patch AppleHDA. Or you could use VoodooHDA but its known to cause kernel panics. Maybe you will be better off with a USB Sound card.
i tried voodoohda and it does not work says no devices found, is there a way to uninstall it?

Kexts go in Library/Extensions in 10.11+
my next question is, i have never used clover configurator before how do i use it to inject nvidia without messing with anything else and not messing everything up? or should i use the config.plist from post#4 as my main one?

EDIT i am back to getting the error acpi driver or whatever not found and can only boot with the usb drive attached

Last edited:
for anyone else who finds this, do everything in post #4 of this thread and when you get everything installed go back to this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.125632/ and follow the part about post install and install clover to the EFI partition for legacy mode and using configurator or terminal mount the efi partition and copy the efi folder from your usb installer to the efi partition and restart and you should be good

In /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ removed VBoxHfs-64.efi and added HFSPlus.efi.
Deleted all of the 10.* folders from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts (leaving just the /Other folder).
Added FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Downloaded DSDT_7900_osx109.aml and renamed it to DSDT.aml then copied it to
/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched.

Q: Why is NullCPUPowerManagement.kext needed? If it is there to "disable AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to prevent kernel panic without proper HPET DSDT edits." does that mean the DSDT is incompletely editted? Would be nice to remove a kext from the list and be able to use proper Power management! I would edit it if I knew how!

Q: Which BIOS version are people running (as DSDT should match BIOS)

Q: If I run a Nvidia GT610 - can I use that for all audio for the OSX install? Don't fancy VoodooHDA and my Windows install isn't finding the SoundMax anyway since I have an old Creative PCI sound card plugged in (not working in Windows but there for ANOTHER oS!).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back