Contribute
Register

DC7900 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
the config.list P1LGR1M posted has totally misled me.

It should be noted that this is Bikerbob's thread and Post #4 was in response to his request for assistance with his build, he has Nvidia graphics.

It does say "Attached is a basic config.plist that should work for the installation (with GT6** graphics)".
As you don't have Nvidia graphics the config.plist was never going to work for you unedited as was explained in Post #33 : "The config.plist attached to that post is for a build with a discrete Nvidia graphics card, if you don't have one then you will need to modify the file".

It is hard to see how you were totally misled by that but it's great to hear that you finally succeeded :thumbup:

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of an issue with my machine. It's a DC7900 with dual Quadro NVS 290's and a E8400 with 8GB of DDR2 (4x2GB). I'm using clover 3368 in legacy mode with the DSDT, config.plist, and kexts that P1LGRIM provided in post #4. I can get to the installer just fine but when I try to install, it fails after about 15 minutes with an error about essentials.pkg. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've tried -no-zp, -f, npci=0x2000, etc.
For whatever reason, using -x causes the system to panic and reboot.

Any ideas?

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of an issue with my machine. It's a DC7900 with dual Quadro NVS 290's and a E8400 with 8GB of DDR2 (4x2GB). I'm using clover 3368 in legacy mode with the DSDT, config.plist, and kexts that P1LGRIM provided in post #4. I can get to the installer just fine but when I try to install, it fails after about 15 minutes with an error about essentials.pkg. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've tried -no-zp, -f, npci=0x2000, etc.
For whatever reason, using -x causes the system to panic and reboot.

Any ideas?

Try remaking your USB installer.

Try a different flash drive.

Make sure that you have no other drives connected while you install.

Disconnect any unnecessary peripherals while you install.

Make sure that your BIOS is the latest version.

I've remade the installer a few times as well as trying a different flash drive. I'm gonna try to install without the graphics cards and only 1 stick of ram, but I don't think that the ram is causing the error (memtest finished with no errors). I'm also on bios 1.27.

UPDATE: It didn't work. I'm now trying with a older version of the El Capitan installer I had on my NAS.

i ended up by using this one config.plist-Inject-Intel-HD3000-desktop-LATEST.zip from the first link that P1LGRIM provided in his post (4th post) here.

the system boot ok:
- Display resolution 1280x1024

Hi, my second computer is an HP DC7900, running Yosemite 10.10.5 quite well (6GB RAM, E7500 2.93 GHz Duo). At the moment it uses a ATI Radeon 5450, but I would prefer to use the onboard video if possible (the ATI creates a bit of heat which causes the fan to run at a higher speed, more noise).

I'm not sure, but your signature seems to indicate you're not using an ATI/Nvidia discrete video card. Are you using the onboard video of the DC7900 and is it working with full video acceleration and at the full resolution of your monitor? And if so, are you using the DisplayPort output or the VGA output? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, my second computer is an HP DC7900, running Yosemite 10.10.5 quite well (6GB RAM, E7500 2.93 GHz Duo). At the moment it uses a ATI Radeon 5450, but I would prefer to use the onboard video if possible (the ATI creates a bit of heat which causes the fan to run at a higher speed, more noise).

I'm not sure, but your signature seems to indicate you're not using an ATI/Nvidia discrete video card. Are you using the onboard video of the DC7900 and is it working with full video acceleration and at the full resolution of your monitor? And if so, are you using the DisplayPort output or the VGA output? Thanks!

Onboard Graphics will not work. You will be better to stay with the 5450.

hey everyone i have one of these machines and have tried everything in this thread aswell as the other one(s) that has been posted but so far when i try to boot the installer i get a KP for acpi even when using acpi=off, does anyone have any ideas i can try?

hey everyone i have one of these machines and have tried everything in this thread aswell as the other one(s) that has been posted but so far when i try to boot the installer i get a KP for acpi even when using acpi=off, does anyone have any ideas i can try?

Use the DSDT linked in Post #4.

Use the DSDT linked in Post #4.
already am

EDIT i redownloaded it and tried again and got past it and managed to install os x, however when i boot from my thumb drive to boot the hdd my hdd does not show up also if i let try and boot from the hdd all i get is a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner of the screen

Last edited:
already am

EDIT i redownloaded it and tried again and got past it and managed to install os x, however when i boot from my thumb drive to boot the hdd my hdd does not show up also if i let try and boot from the hdd all i get is a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner of the screen

Did you install in Legacy Mode not UEFI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back