Graphics
gt610
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, trying to get an HP DC7900 up and running.

I know it has been done already. I wanted to post here to help others who might also be trying to get a HP in this family going.

I built a Unibeast installer. Standard options.

I know of a DST to add.. Would I do this before my first attempted boot?

When I try to boot the Unibeast.. I get a reboot loop.. I assume it is a kernel panic of some type.

I have tried verbose and safe boot.. either way the screen moves so fast and right into the reboot I cannot get a good shot with a camera.

Suggestions?

I know it has been done already. I wanted to post here to help others who might also be trying to get a HP in this family going.

When I try to boot the Unibeast.. I get a reboot loop.. I assume it is a kernel panic of some type.

I have tried verbose and safe boot.. either way the screen moves so fast and right into the reboot I cannot get a good shot with a camera.

Suggestions?

DSDT you mean. Heres the guide for what you need. [SUCCESS] ThriftyMac - HP dc7900 - £100 - 10.9.4 Mavericks - Working VGA

Suggestions?

In my recent dc7900 upgrade I made my USB flash drive installer using the createinstallmedia method :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/167901-how-create-os-x-el-capitan-public-beta-installation-usb-using-clover.html

I installed Clover in Legacy mode to the USB installer.
(This Mavericks guide includes instructions on how to install Clover in Legacy mode :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-guides/125632-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html - See Step 2 Item 13 - You just need to adapt it a little for El Capitan)

In /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ removed VBoxHfs-64.efi and added HFSPlus.efi.
Deleted all of the 10.* folders from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts (leaving just the /Other folder).
Added FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Downloaded DSDT_7900_osx109.aml and renamed it to DSDT.aml then copied it to
/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched.

Created a config.plist and used it to replace the default config.plist in /EFI/CLOVER/
Attached is a basic config.plist that should work for the installation (with GT6** graphics).

My install was to a clean hard drive with the latest BIOS version from HP Support.

Post installation for Ethernet use MultiBeast : Drivers - Network - Intel - AppleIntelE1000e.
Install Clover to your hard drive.
Use Clover Configurator to edit your config.plist (SMBIOS information etc).

Links :

Latest BIOS from HP Support
HFSPlus.efi
DSDT_7900_osx109.aml
FakeSMC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
MultiBeast
Clover
Clover Configurator

Edit : The pertinent information contained in the remainder of this thread has been added to this post to simplify the installation process.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3 KB · Views: 853
Last edited:
I couldn't seem to find the guide for El Capitan. I thought it would point in the right direction.

Thanks P1LGRIM, I think that guide will be very helpful.

With the create media method I assume its just a matter of changing the file name to the current EL CAP app?

(answer below - I just needed to read the create media guide more completely)

Not that I want to risk it yet, but if I just had EL CAP downloaded and used the upgrade option for my existing Yos.. what would it re-write?

When I upgraded versions of Yos.. I did not have to make any modifications.. I am on 10.10.4 and it works great.

I know you created new media, because you use it as a transfer server, but did you first try and upgrade the one you had?

James

With the create media method I assume its just a matter of changing the file name to the current EL CAP app? so.. .Like this?

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ Public\ Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ Public\ Install OS X El Capitan.app --nointeraction

The guide includes instructions for Public Beta, GM Candidate and Final Release.

Not that I want to risk it yet, but if I just had EL CAP downloaded and used the upgrade option for my existing Yos.. what would it re-write?

The operating system.

I know you created new media, because you use it as a transfer server, but did you first try and upgrade the one you had?

Several times but I couldn't get it to work - That's why I made a fresh install.

P1LGRIM, you say you installed Clover in legacy mode.

But I am finding no mention of legacy mode in the Create media guide.. and in the pkg itself I am not finding an option in the customize area that specifies that? am I missing something?

P1LGRIM, you say you installed Clover in legacy mode.

But I am finding no mention of legacy mode in the Create media guide.. and in the pkg itself I am not finding an option in the customize area that specifies that? am I missing something?

This Mavericks guide includes instructions on how to install Clover in Legacy mode :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-guides/125632-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html
See Step 2 Item 13
You just need to adapt it a little for El Capitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back