Contribute
Register

DC7900 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i did, i also used the 10.11.3 from the app store

Other than upgrading your BIOS to the latest version and following the instructions in Post #4 there is not a lot else that I can suggest for you to try.

Do you have a graphics card installed ?

Other than upgrading your BIOS to the latest version and following the instructions in Post #4 there is not a lot else that I can suggest for you to try.

Do you have a graphics card installed ?
i have the latest bios for this machine and i have a nvidia geforce 8400gs installed

i have the latest bios for this machine and i have a nvidia geforce 8400gs installed

How is it connected to the monitor ?

vga, but i think i can hook it up via hdmi or dvi

Apple do not use VGA in their products so there is no support for it in OS X.

hey everyone i have one of these machines and have tried everything in this thread aswell as the other one(s) that has been posted but so far when i try to boot the installer i get a KP for acpi even when using acpi=off, does anyone have any ideas i can try?

Which panic are you getting? Attach screen shot.

Which panic are you getting? Attach screen shot.
unable to find driver for this platform acpi clover

but i got past that and os x seemed to install but now when i boot to my usb my hdd does not show up in the boot options and if i try to boot to the hdd directly i get a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left

EDIT i went to try and reinstall to see if that may work and as soon as my thumb drive booted it went right into install os x and it worked! i currently do not have internet and i cant change my screen resolution but i am working on both

EDIT 2 network is working, still cant change video and no sound

Last edited:
unable to find driver for this platform acpi clover

but i got past that and os x seemed to install but now when i boot to my usb my hdd does not show up in the boot options and if i try to boot to the hdd directly i get a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left

EDIT i went to try and reinstall to see if that may work and as soon as my thumb drive booted it went right into install os x and it worked! i currently do not have internet and i cant change my screen resolution but i am working on both

EDIT 2 network is working, still cant change video and no sound

Which Graphics card do you have? nVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M?

Which Graphics card do you have? nVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M?
no for this machine it is a geforce 8400gs and i installed the web drivers to see if that may help but now i have the acpi kernal panic again and -x -v does not want to work... again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back